Nosfay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have a N3DS that had a faulty motherboard so I bougth a new one on version 11.0.0.33U.

I decided to follow the 3ds.guide to install boot9strap and luma. Everything was OK until the 3ds was supposed to boot on luma but I only now have a blue led blinking 1s and nothing more.

I used luma v8.0.7 and b9s 1.2.

I tried to use boot.firm from luma 7.1, and I have an error "unsupported launcher".

No config.bin to delete in /luma directory.

I can't boot on godmode9 to do a CTRtransfer.

I'm afraid that my console is now a brick...

Thanks for your help!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your system isn't bricked. If it only blinks for one second and turns off, it means you are missing something.
Try downloading the latest nightly of Luma3DS
http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
try holding A+R+L+UP
I really won't suggest recovery mode. Even if it did boot, the OP will run a high risk of accidentally updating and removing B9S.
IIRC, Luma3DS actually blocks recovery mode.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Nosfay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the top screen luminosity that didnt changed and my touch screen had some calibratio problem (I've ordered a new one, still waiting). But I dont see how it can be related

sophiesvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same exact problem, but on a O3DS I had b9s 1.0 and luma 7.1, after trying to update to luma 8.0, at the very last step of the guide (press start to reboot) on the 3ds.guide website, the system won't turn on. The blue led just turn on for a second, then it turns off again, holding any button during boot does nothing.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having the same exact problem, but on a O3DS I had b9s 1.0 and luma 7.1, after trying to update to luma 8.0, at the very last step of the guide (press start to reboot) on the 3ds.guide website, the system won't turn on. The blue led just turn on for a second, then it turns off again, holding any button during boot does nothing.
Go back to Luma 7.1, sounds like your b9s update didn't work and you still have 1.0.

Reactions: sophiesvan

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is B9S really worth it?
Compared to an existing a9lh installation? If you aren't interested in Rosalina then no, not until there's another firmware update. When there is a firmware update you'll probably have to update to b9s if you want to update to the latest firmware, otherwise you'll be stuck on an older version.

Compared to stock? Absolutely.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1