Hacking N3DS SD card Size

TheToaster

Kishore
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a New 3DS XL, and I read that it supports microSD cards up to 32 GB. Does it still support larger SD cards if I format it to FAT32?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As long as it is formated to FAT32, one Primary partition and a Cluster size of 32KB even a 256GB microSD will work.

Reactions: TheToaster

TheToaster

Kishore
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it is formated to FAT32, one Primary partition and a Cluster size of 32KB even a 256GB microSD will work.
I am currently using my 32 GB microSD, but I ran out of space with only a few games installed. I added up the total number of blocks and got only 11,380. Why is this? Am I supposed the change the cluster size to 32KB or just leave it at default?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am currently using my 32 GB microSD, but I ran out of space with only a few games installed. I added up the total number of blocks and got only 11,380. Why is this? Am I supposed the change the cluster size to 32KB or just leave it at default?

Maybe because you installed games that take up a lot of space?

TheToaster

Kishore
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because you installed games that take up a lot of space?
Never mind, I found the problem. I plugged it into my PC and found that it said there was only a capacity of 2.79GB on it. I just cleaned the drive and allocated a new primary partition with "Diskpart" on the command prompt, and now it works perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users