Hardware N3ds Recovery mode problem

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried to install cias (probably wrong idk) to the Nand of the system and now my 3ds wont boot right.
If i boot into menuhax it just says menuhax at the top and the bottom is red.
And if i boot into the normal homescreen all not system icons are white.
I tried booting into the recovery mode and update my n3ds, but it says that it has an Error and that the System Update cant be completed.
Can anyone help me?:/

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With MenuHax it sounds like maybe you don't have boot.3dsx on your SD card? Otherwise, I don't know. That's weird.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With MenuHax it sounds like maybe you don't have boot.3dsx on your SD card? Otherwise, I don't know. That's weird.
I have boot.3dsx on it and i didnt change anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what cia did you try to install to the nand?
It was the friend module cia so i could play online.
I had rxtools on 9.2, and installed it with the fbi installer and then it gave me an error and after i rebootet it started acting weird.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the hell would you install anything like that on sysnand?! And what gave you the idea that installing a friend module cia on sysnand would even work?! If you wanted to play online, all you had to do was just install and use emunand. That 3ds is broken; only way to fix it is maybe with a hard mod and your nand.bin dump.

Last edited by cooroxd,

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Facepalm*. You realize that is an outdated post right? And that post says nothing about injecting random cias into sysnand. If you wanted online this all you had to do:

1)install emunand
2)get rxtools 3.0 beta 2 running (recent release)
3)boot into EmuNAND
4)go into system setting and update to 10.5 via wifi

4 easy steps. Also, do you understand the difference between emunand and sysnand?

Last edited by cooroxd,

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Facepalm*. You realize that is an outdated post right? And that post says nothing about injecting random cias into sysnand. If you wanted online this all you had to do:

1)install emunand
3)boot into EmuNAND

4 easy steps.
Its from the 2nd feburary and i did that like 11 days ago

1)install emunand
3)boot into EmuNAND

4 easy steps. Also, do you understand the difference between emunand and sysnand?
Do you know how i can fix it?

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get the correct CIA for your sysNAND version with 3DNUS and reinstall that, but you probably don't have access to a CIA installer to do so. I guess you'll have to rewrite your NAND backup using a hardmod.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That tutorials you showed was for people who had an outdated RXtools that could only have a 9.5 Emunand and the weird people who have 10.3 Sysnand that dont want to update/downgrade but want online with legit cias. However, rxtools just gave a new release which supports 10.5 emunand. 10.5 is the most recent firmware up to date and if you did a system update on your emunand this would not have happened. Also, you could have gotten reinand cfw, since they support ed online like for months now.

Yes, the only way to fix it is, if you had done the nand.bin backup when you installed emunand. Even then, you will have to hard mod it, (involves soldering)

How can i do that?

Hard mod involves taking apart you 3ds and soldering some wires and sd cards to connect to you computer. Dude, get with the times and learn the terms. And also please educate yourself on what is difference between emunand and sysnand.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That tutorials you showed was for people who had an outdated RXtools that could only have a 9.5 Emunand and the weird people who have 10.3 Sysnand that dont want to update/downgrade but want online with legit cias. However, rxtools just gave a new release which supports 10.5 emunand. 10.5 is the most recent firmware up to date and if you did a system update on your emunand this would not have happened. Also, you could have gotten reinand cfw, since they support ed online like for months now.

Yes, the only way to fix it is, if you had done the nand.bin backup when you installed emunand. Even then, you will have to hard mod it, (involves soldering)
Can i send it to nintendo and say it soft-bricked?

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i do that?
Use the same Title ID you used to download it from 3DNUS the first time, but use a different version number. If you're on 9.2 system NAND, that would be Title 0004013000003202 and version 8192. Once you get the CIA, you'd need to install it on sysNAND using FBI or BigBlueMenu or DevMenu. Do you have any way to boot those?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can i send it to nintendo and say it soft-bricked?

If it's still under warranty you could do that. However, if they find out you've been messing around with downgrading and rxtools, the warranty is voided. However, if you decide to send nintendo the 3ds and pay for the repairs, they will 100% update your system to 10.5 sysnand firmware. I gurantee that. With a 10.5 system, only way to downgrade is you have to hard mod it.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use the same Title ID you used to download it from 3DNUS the first time, but use a different version number. If you're on 9.2 system NAND, that would be Title 0004013000003202 and version 8192. Once you get the CIA, you'd need to install it on sysNAND using FBI or BigBlueMenu or DevMenu. Do you have any way to boot those?
I have both installed on reinand

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could get the correct CIA for your sysNAND version with 3DNUS and reinstall that, but you probably don't have access to a CIA installer to do so. I guess you'll have to rewrite your NAND backup using a hardmod.

I think everything is broken, he can't even get into rxtools menu, homebrew or emunand (assuming he installed correctly or at all).

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i hold the l button it shortly shows the static from the menuhax boot and then it gave me an error. I could try getting another boot.3dsx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol