Hardware n3DS original top screen is yellow tinted (Animal Crossing Bundle)? Is that just how they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just bought a n3DS (original size) from eBay. It was the one bundled with Animal Crossing. The system is in flawless condition from what I can tell. No scratches or anything like that.

Anyway, the top screen (which is TN panel, not IPS), has a yellow tint. It kind of makes scenes that are supposed to be sunny and bright, look like dusk. It wouldn't be so bad if the bottom screen matched, however, the bottom screen has pretty good colors (pure whites).

Not sure if it matters, but if I turn the 3D on, some of the yellow goes away. If I turn power saving mode ON, some of the yellow goes away as well.

So is this natural? Are TN 3D panels supposed to be tinted yellow or something? Should I keep shopping and maybe I'll get a n3DS regular size with two screens that have accurate colors? Or is this just how it is?

My n3DS XL, which as an IPS panel on top, has pretty good color (pure whites), however the bottom TN panel has yellow opposed to my n3DSo which has a good bottom screen.

I can update my Nintendo firmware, would that make any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1