Hardware New 3DS IPS Screen Swap -hwcal0/1.dat

  • Thread starter Thread starter AliTheAce
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,613
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Likes Likes 2

AliTheAce

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
103
Reaction score
44
Trophies
0
Age
27
XP
222
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

I just swapped my small New Nintendo 3DS's top screen. It was going slightly yellow and I just wanted to test out the IPS screen. Previously had a TN panel, now IPS top.

I was just wondering if there was anyone who has a small New 3DS with top IPS and bottom TN panel who could dump their hwcal0 and hwcal1 .dat files?

Also I noticed that in 3D, although it works fine 80% of the time, sometimes I see a double image. I went to Super Stable 3D and reset the settings as well, did the battery trick @TurdPooCharger mentioned and it's still not fixed, although I've used it maybe for 10 minutes max.

One more thing I noticed is that the screen is a bit darker, not as bright compared to the TN panel. I'm guessing this is due to the different calibration/gamma differences between the screens? I'd appreciate any help in regards to getting the system looking/performing it's best again.


Thank you.
 
Wow, can you post some pictures? Really curious about how it ended up like.
Side by side compared to my dual TN N3DSXL, the colours seem more vibrant. Definitely notice a difference.

20210711_133630.jpg
20210711_133636.jpg
20210711_133643.jpg
20210711_133651.jpg
 
Last edited by AliTheAce,

Site & Scene News