N3DS or N3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by fatsquirrel, Mar 24, 2015.

1. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Hey guys!
    The time has come. I finally got enough funds to buy myself a NEW console :)
    I was completely decided I will go for XL however now..out of thin air I got an idea, should I buy a normal New 3ds instead?

What do you guys think?
    I cannot decide ><

I currently own original 3ds, so whichever I take will be superior to it but...damn DECISIONS

2. Liberty

Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I already owned the original 3DS XL and I'm glad I kept it that way. But it depends on how you want to use the device. I never take the 3DS to the university or something. So if you always play in the metro, a normal N3DS might be better. But if you play at home, I suggest buying the N3DS XL.

The N3DS already has a slighly larger screen, so depending on how you're gonna use it, decide.

3. alin72

alin72 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    It depends on the games you play. If you love monster hunter then N3dsXL will be much better.

4. foob

foob GBAtemp Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    New Nintendo 3DS XL
    * screens are simply more immersive
    * feel-in-the-hand is down to your preference
    * size is down to your preference
    * 3D effect was no better to me
    * sound was no better to me (they seem to be using the same speakers, to my ears)

New Nintendo 3DS
    * matte, not gloss
    * exchangeable faceplates
    * smaller, less immersive screens
    * smaller size

I have a strong preference for superficial things like a matte classy white console so I went for a white regular New 3DS. I absolutely cannot stand gloss surfaces. I find it amusing (and deceptive) when Nintendo call their grey XL unit "Metallic Black".

ravihpa likes this.
  5. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    I went with the XL :D
    Just have to check the version now. Im kind of scared :tpi:

6. alin72

alin72 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    The fingerprints on the XL are killing me.