Homebrew N3DS GBA Emulator?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently have been using PocketSNES on my N3DS, which is great by the way :)

Anyway, I am wondering if there is an Emulator that is for GBA games? If yes, does it support cheats? My N3DS has A9LH and Luma installed. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gba injection is recommended. An injector can be found here. Doesn't have cheats though.
gpSP works great too. Haven't checked if it has cheats. (Make sure you use the .cia build.)

I use both injector and gpsp, or just use gpsp?
For gpSP, where can I find info about it and a link to CIA?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use both injector and gpsp, or just use gpsp?
The injector is good if you want to launch a specific game from the homemenu. The games are running natively so their is going to be no slowdowns unless it had slowdowns on the original GBA.

gpSP is a retroarch emulator which mean you can save at any point in the game, you need bios, and a think you can use cheats.

I myself use GBA injection.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks :)
GpSP might be easier for me to use... Where can I find info on it, bios, and cia?
https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.6/nintendo/3ds/
Download Retroarch_cia.7z Inside that zip file you will have to folders. Retroarch and cia. Drag retroarch folder to root of sd (unless you have it on their. ) Inside the .cia folder find gpsp_libretro.cia install with your cia install.

You need gba_bios.bin I can't link you to it but when you find it put it in sd:/retroarch/core/system.

(if you can't find it just use the injector.)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.6/nintendo/3ds/
Download Retroarch_cia.7z Inside that zip file you will have to folders. Retroarch and cia. Drag retroarch folder to root of sd (unless you have it on their. ) Inside the .cia folder find gpsp_libretro.cia install with your cia install.

You need gba_bios.bin I can't link you to it but when you find it put it in sd:/retroarch/core/system.

(if you can't find it just use the injector.)

Thanks for all your help :)
Do you know where I can find the latest cht files for GBA games?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if that is the latest though... I found cheats in there for Mega Man Battle Network 1-4, but no cheats for 5 and 6...
They may not be the latest but the are confirmed to work on gpSP. Also that was the only legal site i could find .cht files on.

Last edited by xtheman,

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
be careful ...GPSP CIA version have hard problems of random crashes....

im not recommended this version..

.inyection always be more accurate....since use native GBA emulation

Greetings

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use the CIA version of gPSP 1.3.3, even the stable version is prone to a lot of random crashing due to errors in the dynarec. Use the 3dsx version instead, or just use AGB_FIRM (GBA injection) for now. I'd take the second option for now, considering that the ghosting problems have been solved.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the CIA version of gPSP 1.3.3, even the stable version is prone to a lot of random crashing due to errors in the dynarec. Use the 3dsx version instead, or just use AGB_FIRM (GBA injection) for now. I'd take the second option for now, considering that the ghosting problems have been solved.
But he wants cheats. AGB_FIRM can't use cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)