Hacking N3DS - Does the DS exploit get wiped for YOU? (+ poll)

Does running DS games/DSiware wipe the exploit for you?

• Yes

Votes: 68 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • magikarp

Votes: 106 50.5%

• Total voters

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked for me too! Thanks so much!
Previously the profile exploit was wiped till I tried this. Below are my actual steps.

1) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher
2) Go to settings and change Profile Name to another one; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher01
3) Launch a DS game, exploit would be gone
4) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck

Extra Steps because I want to change back my original profile name
5) Go to settings and change Profile Name to my original one; e.g. Profile Name: slslasher
6) Launch exploit and test, there should be an error.
7) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck
I can also confirm this works, no clue why but heck yeah man!

Reactions: slslasher

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
quick question, is there any way to remove the mset exploit CIA apart from by restoring a NAND backup? seems a bit of a tedious process if that's the only way. i couldn't find any option in devmenu nor bigbluemenu to remove it

I'm not that comfortable having an N3DS with a sort of frankenstein sysnand that's not quite 8.1 and not quite 4.x either

D

Deleted User

Weirdly enough it started for me yesterday. I didn't change my DS name or anything though. All I did do was just correct date/time on sysnand. I had previously used ROPInstaller since I use my DSTwo.

Now apparently I can use my DSTwo and DS cartridge and the exploit still persists. Interesting.

Reactions: cearp

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question, is there any way to remove the mset exploit CIA apart from by restoring a NAND backup? seems a bit of a tedious process if that's the only way. i couldn't find any option in devmenu nor bigbluemenu to remove it

I'm not that comfortable having an N3DS with a sort of frankenstein sysnand that's not quite 8.1 and not quite 4.x either
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387635/ first post tells you what to do for that

slslasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

Q: How can i restore my SYSTEMSETTINGS (MSET) for sys/emuNAND?
A: Install the right version/TitleID for your Firmware or restore untouched Backup

*The install for MSET CIA to sysNAND will only work if there is NO emuNAND inside internal microSD!*
*If there is emuNAND inside internal microSD, the install of your cia will update emuNAND*

3DNUS / UpdateCDN CIA TitleID for MSET
Code:
USA = 0004001000021000 9.0-9.5 = v8203 MD5: 5077D839633EC80E7A9D3CA98B794D4B
EUR = 0004001000022000 9.0-9.5 = v8202 MD5: 7D9E073A6349DDEF77E67B2102B4EEA5
JPN = 0004001000020000 8.1-9.5 = v9224 MD5: 375EDB36DA62AE44D4D8C91DAB854573

Source: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...AL-Downgrade-N3DS-MSET-*proper-way*?p=1748405

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well atleast thats that sorted, anyone want to try it out on a o3DS, i have finally shifted all mine except for a albw one which i traded and dont really want to downgrade, be funny if this was possible all along for o3ds 4.x users

Reactions: cearp and WhoAmI?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well atleast thats that sorted, anyone want to try it out on a o3DS, i have finally shifted all mine except for a albw one which i traded and dont really want to downgrade, be funny if this was possible all along for o3ds 4.x users
Actually trying this right now. Brb with results. Nope didn't work, Drat... Was worth a shot.

Reactions: gamesquest1

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! It worked.
But :
6) Launch exploit and test, there should be an error. ---> No error, it worked directly, and stuck.
7) Install the exploit using the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds again and it should be stuck
Perhaps because I didn't launched the profil exploit after step 1 or step 4.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks! It worked.
But :

Perhaps because I didn't lauched the profil exploit after step 1 or step 4.
you get the error if you try to launch the exploit after editing your profile name, if you install the exploit again before you try to run the exploit it will work fine....tbh its not really necessary to try launching after editing, but it at least lets people know they are doing it right i suppose, shortest route would probably be install exploit, change profile name, install exploit again.....if you want to keep your original profile name change your name first, install exploit, change back to your original name and install once more

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you get the error if you try to launch the exploit after editing your profile name, if you install the exploit again before you try to run the exploit it will work fine....tbh its not really necessary to try launching after editing, but it at least lets people know they are doing it right i suppose, shortest route would probably be install exploit, change profile name, install exploit again.....if you want to keep your original profile name change your name first, install exploit, change back to your original name and install once more

What I wanted to say is that step wasn't necessary for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag