Hacking N3DS - Does the DS exploit get wiped for YOU? (+ poll)

Does running DS games/DSiware wipe the exploit for you?

• Yes

Votes: 68 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • magikarp

Votes: 106 50.5%

• Total voters

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
By the way, when you say run it twice, do you mean run it once, restart the console, and run it again, or run it once, go to home and re rerun it again?
1. Switch N3DS on
2. Run ROP Installer and switch N3DS off when u've reached the "switch off" screen
3. Repeat step 1-2

Reactions: Margen67

uqbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Gateway seems to have inserted its own "FlashCardTimeWarp.CIA" in 3.2.1 Ultra pack: BlueCardFix.CIA.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say that installing ROPinstaller twice on my US 9.0 new3DS console did not permanently make the trick stick. So Rudi Rastell's guide might only work for UK consoles? I tried it a bunch of times, too. As soon as I launched a DS flashcart (or game) the hack was removed.

Changing the color of my DS profile twice made it stick.

However, you guys are saying the latest Gateway update from yesterday (figures I do all this hours before they release it!) will stick permanently? I wonder what the Gateway team did to do it? Somehow changed your profile color?

Someone with Metroid Prime Hunters should see if their version of the trick works after playing that game and accessing the DS profile.

Also interesting that it won't stick on the OG 3DS but it will on the N3DS. Finally a bonus hacking point for the N3DS! :)

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmmm...... then what's after that?
Cuz after I did that twice, i tried playing a ds game, but the exploit got removed...
Hmmm... then i guess this will not work for u like it does for me(N3DSXL(EU), sysNAND 9.0.0, GW-bluecard)

Have u tried the other tricks with username-change, ds-profile-colour-change, time-settings-change etc ?

For me all this looks like that each one has to try out the different methodes of making the exploit stick. It's a miracle to me why we have so much different behaviours on our N3DSs.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmmm... then i guess this will not work for u like it does for me(N3DSXL(EU), sysNAND 9.0.0, GW-bluecard)

Have u tried the other tricks with username-change, ds-profile-colour-change, time-settings-change etc ?

For me all this looks like that each one has to try out the different methodes of making the exploit stick. It's a miracle to me why we have so much different behaviours on our N3DSs.
A) Change DS-Profile-Colour-Settings
1. "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Profile" -> "Nintendo DS Profile"
2. "Colour" -> Change the colour -> "OK" -> New colour will be saved
3. Repeat step 2
4. Return to dashboard
5. Start DS-Flashcard -> Start ROP-Installer -> Execute topmost option -> A-Button -> Switch off 3DS
6. Switch on 3DS -> DS-Profile-Exploit is now sticked
Note: It's important to really change the colour !

Turns out this works on mine.
JPN N3DS regular.

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Turns out this works on mine.
JPN N3DS regular.

Just a guess: Now that the exploit is sticked on your N3DS it might be worth to try the "rop-installer twice"-trick again whenever u've lost the exploit.
(If u wanna try immediatly: Holding SELECT till my bluecard has booted up removes the exploit for me)

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say that installing ROPinstaller twice on my US 9.0 new3DS console did not permanently make the trick stick. So Rudi Rastell's guide might only work for UK consoles? I tried it a bunch of times, too. As soon as I launched a DS flashcart (or game) the hack was removed.

Changing the color of my DS profile twice made it stick.

Someone with Metroid Prime Hunters should see if their version of the trick works after playing that game and accessing the DS profile.

Hi, I just tried Metroid Prime Hunters (USA) (started the game in Adventure Mode?, created a gamesave, and after a minute of gameplay pressed Home to exit to the sysnand homescreen).
The DS Exploit still works on mine (N3DS XL 9.0.0 USA)

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just tried Metroid Prime Hunters (USA) (started the game in Adventure Mode?, created a gamesave, and after a minute of gameplay pressed Home to exit to the sysnand homescreen).

Awesome! Which exploit did you use, though? The new Gateway 3.2.1 or the ROP installer/profile change method??

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's hard to get rid off it onced it is stuck... does holding SELECT until your ds-flashcard has booted into it's menu work for u to remove the exploit ?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
It's hard to get rid off it onced it is stuck... does holding SELECT until your ds-flashcard has booted into it's menu work for u to remove the exploit ?

Yes

However, like I said above, it's easy to remove the exploit just by changing the colour to a shitty one in Emunand, exiting, going back to Sysnand and setting the colour back to your preferred one (at this point you know the exploit was wiped).
Then I use the ROPInstaller once and the exploit should stick.
Anyway, we all have our preferred way of doing things, so whatever works for you guys use that :P

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes

However, like I said above, it's easy to remove the exploit just by changing the colour to a shitty one in Emunand, exiting, going back to Sysnand and setting the colour back to your preferred one (at this point you know the exploit was wiped).
Then I use the ROPInstaller once and the exploit should stick.
Anyway, we all have our preferred way of doing things, so whatever works for you guys use that :P
Ur sysNAND and emuNAND is linked ?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone confirm that Gateway 3.2.1's method of the DS Profile trick "permanently sticks" ? Or do you still have to do the color change thing?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone confirm that Gateway 3.2.1's method of the DS Profile trick "permanently sticks" ? Or do you still have to do the color change thing?

Hi, don't want to be rude, but if GW's method didn't stick in the OLD3DS WTF would it stick in the NEW3DS?
I'm def not a DEV, but I use common sense and it helps tremendously :toot:

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Because of this?

Ask him for more info. Maybe he used rudi's method WITH GW's new installer?
Frankly, ROPInstaller is FASTER (you press A and it's done already :wacko:)

I'm not even gonna try GW's new installer, they need to be more pro-active not spy in here and do patch-ups.
Whoever wrote ROPInstaller SHOULD be hired by GW and get their act together :gun:
(rant done for today)

Have a nice day, everyone

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ran the gateway nds twice in a row, and then it stuck, as for what pacman` says the n3ds_ropinstaller is alot faster, but each way does work for me.

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just ran the gateway nds twice in a row, and then it stuck, as for what pacman` says the n3ds_ropinstaller is alot faster, but each way does work for me.
You're the 1st to confirm that running ropinstaller/GWinstaller twice in a row works... but for a lot of people it doesn't.
My theory about this behaviour is that the exploit has to be stuck at leat once before this "run-it-twice"-trick works !!
So what we need to confirm this theory is someone willing to remove the stucked expoit (achived with one of the other methodes) and then try the "run-twice-trick"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom