Homebrew n3DS Coldboot CFW

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
MOD: Please change the title to "n3DS Coldboot CFW!"

Thanks to @ihaveamac my dream of "coldboot" CFW is now a reality!
And of course, thanks to @smealum for releasing the sorcecode to ninjhax!

I am using @ihaveamac 's custom menuhax payload, with the black top image.
I am using @cpasjuste 's CtrBootManager, and in the setting put "timeout = 0" and "Default: Reinand"
Lastly, I am using @Reisyukaku 's ReiNand and I removed the splash.bin image!
I can boot into sysnand by holding L at startup, and I can get into CtrBootManager by holding Select at startup.

This has a lower bootrate than normal (~80%), but I suspect this has to do with the 0 timeout in CtrBootManager because if I hold select to get in the CtrBootManager it works every time.

Thank you everyone for your help :D

Here is a video of it in action! (Sorry for the low quality)

Original Post:
Is there any way to stop the colors from flashing on the bottom screen with menuhax? I made my 3ds autoboot emunand, but the colors on the bottom kind of make it look bad. I already use a black image for the top screen, and I made the reinand
splashscreen black.

Last edited by sweis12,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a feeling that it could technically be changed to a different output (like a very simple loading bar or something) but such additional nonsense might just make it less stable and lower bootrates.

Reactions: peteruk

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
No sorry it's part of the way menuhax boots and can't removed. Seriously though it only lasts a few seconds
i have a feeling that it could technically be changed to a different output (like a very simple loading bar or something) but such additional nonsense might just make it less stable and lower bootrates.
I was just trying to make a "seemless" boot-up. Right now, it looks like the 3ds is spazzing at startup.
I was thinking like how the top screen gets covered with the splash image, something similar could be done to the bottom.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You posted the hax 2.5 source code thread, Sweiss. You are free to change it to your liking.
Find and change the screen coloring code to all black. It might be in the rop/assembly parts.

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You posted the hax 2.5 source code thread, Sweiss. You are free to change it to your liking.
Find and change the screen coloring code to all black. It might be in the rop/assembly parts.
Just because I said he releases the sorce code doesn't mean I know how or what to do with it xD

Reactions: Exavold

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the idea of changing the colours, as has been suggested something like a progress bar would be nice

Sadly i would have no idea how to do it and i have a feeling that those that could are not really interested

Reactions: klear

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know anything about how *hax 2.5 works internally but if I can find where it changes the colors, maybe I can change it to black?

one thing you'd have to get around is if it hangs at a yellow screen though. how could you tell it hung?

Reactions: peteruk and Exavold

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I don't really know anything about how *hax 2.5 works internally but if I can find where it changes the colors, maybe I can change it to black?

one thing you'd have to get around is if it hangs at a yellow screen though. how could you tell it hung?
Wait I guess ;p

This whole thing is a waste of dev time. Learn to enjoy colors and eat your cabbage. :P

Reactions: Deleted User

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
I would suggest placing a still image instead of all those numbers and glitches and whatnot. It would look way more professional.
But it looks cooler when you boot it up in front of your friend who knows nothing about the 3DS hacking scene... heh.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I am sure many would appreciate it if you could look into

Thinking about what your saying regards the yellow screen etc... We have 3 screens to a successful boot, Green / Blue / Red - Perhaps they could be changed to black screens but with something similar to stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 centralised so you know what screen your on, on whatever text makes sense

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love all the bugged out colors and text, it let's me know I'm giving it to my 3DS. People's reactions are also priceless when they see the screen bug the fuck out... But I guess it's all personal preference :rofl2: good luck getting it pretty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end