Hardware N3DS bottom plate with accessible micro SD?

D

Deleted-236924

Could cut a hole in it and keep a piece of tape over it or something, or if you are especially crafy you could make your own microSD card door kinda like what the O3DS has.
(tbh I don't know why Nintendo didn't just make it like that from the start.)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't bother with the screws anymore, xl version, don't know how well that would work on the smaller model.
has anyone actually tried removing the screws from a standard New 3DS bottom plate? I'd definitely go for it if it worked well.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone actually tried removing the screws from a standard New 3DS bottom plate? I'd definitely go for it if it worked well.
It's not hard. The screws are held on by c-clips on the back of the cover. Get pair of needle nose jewelers pliers and squeeze the clips off the screws. They'll pop right off. If you want to leave the screws in for aesthetics, you can remove the bottom of the 3DS, take apart the shoulder button assembly, and remove the square screw receivers. Those will remove what the screws use to hold them in place.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard. The screws are held on by c-clips on the back of the cover. Get pair of needle nose jewelers pliers and squeeze the clips off the screws. They'll pop right off. If you want to leave the screws in for aesthetics, you can remove the bottom of the 3DS, take apart the shoulder button assembly, and remove the square screw receivers. Those will remove what the screws use to hold them in place.
yeah, I figured it was pretty easy to remove them. I really want to since I have to take it off a lot (can't use microSD Management due to linux, FTP is crap)

what I actually meant to ask was: how good does it hold on? how secure are the battery and things? I don't want to remove the screws if it'll come off too easily.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I figured it was pretty easy to remove them. I really want to since I have to take it off a lot (can't use microSD Management due to linux, FTP is crap)

what I actually meant to ask was: how good does it hold on? how secure are the battery and things? I don't want to remove the screws if it'll come off too easily.
It holds with a definite click. I'm sure it will hold to normal use and storage, but will come apart easily if dropped or jarred fairly hard.

Reactions: ihaveahax

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got spare plates lying at home, i might try to make this myself xD

There are a couple of options at least: (1) Cut a hole in the cover plate where the SD can be accessed, then have an aesthetic way of covering that hole up, or (2) Get rid of the screws and find a better way to secure that plate.

I'm going to Home Depot to browse for ideas.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
essentially you just need this and an external case mod. in the sense of a silicon cover etc since thats all they sell. the cable should be thin enough to be convered by the backplate with screws.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CY-1..._78_77_80,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_6

smallest length i can find is above, they can be cheaper on same site down to £7.

Smallest length is 10cm every other type of this is about 42cm in length minimum

Last edited by izy,
D

Deleted User

This is how my N3DS XL is. It works perfectly fine, and the back snaps securely without the screws. So glad I removed those inconvenient little bastards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans