N3DS 9.9.0 - wait or update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JaxxBlaxx, Jan 2, 2016.

1. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Just got a N3DS Ver 9.9.0, and tried BrowserHax but failed -- Should I wait for a downgrade option at this firmware version or update to 10.3.0 before a new firmware comes out?

I'm still a noob at all this; thanks in advance!

Last edited by JaxxBlaxx, Jan 2, 2016
  2. anonymoose

anonymoose Lannister

Nov 15, 2015
    Germany
    Kashyyyk
    WAIT!
    stay under 10.1
    , because KernelTimeMachine (aka snshax) is more likely to get fineshed soon than memchunkhax2

Last edited by anonymoose, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Wait.

Because two downgrade ways are coming soon for the n3DS, one of those works only on firmware before 10.2. (until 10.1, it was patched on 10.2)
    The second way will work on 10.3 but well, the first way should be released shortly before the second one. Just wait, that's safe that way. ;)

4. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Thanks for the answers! :)

I have a question though: Would KernelTimeMachine work without any kind of hack since my N3DS right now is basically without any kind of hack or entry point?

5. anonymoose

anonymoose Lannister

Nov 15, 2015
    Germany
    Kashyyyk
    , so stay under 10.1 if you have a new3DS

Last edited by anonymoose, Jan 2, 2016
  6. Venseer

Venseer A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

Dec 12, 2013
    Brazil
    Kennedy Space Center
    Here is a browserhax tip for you. If you have a N3DS.

Put the Browserhax DNS on the 3DS DNS. Then, put the exploit in the favorites. (if you are on 9.9 http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php this is the address of the exploit). Turn off the console, turn it on, go to the internet browser and access the exploit, try it a few times, it worked here. I have a 9.9 too, took me a few tries.

7. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    I don't know why, but I kept getting the Error code 032-1006 - Could not display page... I'm pretty sure my Internet connection works fine too :mellow:

Edit: And it finally worked! :blink: Thanks for making me keep trying it!

8. edwordg

edwordg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    United States
    Where or whats the browserhacks dns if you dont mind? Im also in the same boat 9.9.0 26 n3ds

9. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    try to borrow a cubic ninja or a sky3ds, it's easier to hack

edwordg likes this.
  10. Her0xd

Her0xd Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    I read some other threads and it's probably this. I did it auto dsn. They say your connection have to be fast. I stayed near my wifi and was able to do the quick speed browser open and got homebrew to work on my 9.9.0-26U.
    image.png image.png

11. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    Just wait. Gateway will eventually release its downgrade method. You won't need the cart, though.
    As for browserhax, make sure you have the correct payloads and install it by scanning the QR code with wifi off.

12. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I'll believe it when I see it.

13. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    I think they already have a good reputation. Except for the Soon tm thingy. Lol
    Many people have already downgraded their 3ds. But it doesn't hurt to wait if someone doesn't feel confident enough about the current downgrade methods .

14. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Ktm will never be released. OP, use safe sysupdater! It provides all the same checks as ktm would have.

15. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Look at the date of his post, it was before sysupdater was finished before memchunkhax 2.0 was ever finished

16. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    Gateway is a joke with the recent community progress, especially with 9.6+ N3DS emuNAND. They just used a community leak to add the emuNAND support. It's stealing work to sell it afterwards.

17. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Erm, don't update.

There's a way for browserhax to work.

1. Turn off wifi
    2. enter link in browser
    3. turn on wifi and immediately go into browser to load link. you have about 20 seconds to do so.

Using the DNS above will help to.

Also, I managed to downgrade my JPN N3DS LL from 9.9 (albeit first downgrade it was bootable frankenfirmware, second instance succeeded downgrade fully)

I'll recommend:

1. using safesysupdater to check downgrade files, and ensure that the files don't 'fail' [replace the files that failed with files that won't fail]
    2. THEN use latest sysupdater to downgrade all the files! (it any files failed, don't do this step)

18. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    I totally agree on this point. But they also have been used by cfw guys. :P

Queno138 and Mrrraou like this.
  19. anonymoose

anonymoose Lannister

Nov 15, 2015
    Germany
    Kashyyyk
    Well,... Mr QuotingAncientPosts as already stated by James310 at the time I wrote my reply memchunkhax2 wasn't really a thing and KTM seemed to get finished soonTM
    (till the GBATemp Members prevented the further research of JustPingo and the release with their dumbness)

Edit:
    besides at this time KTM was planned to work with snshax

Last edited by anonymoose, Feb 12, 2016