Hacking N3DS 9.9.0 - wait or update?

JaxxBlaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just got a N3DS Ver 9.9.0, and tried BrowserHax but failed -- Should I wait for a downgrade option at this firmware version or update to 10.3.0 before a new firmware comes out?

I'm still a noob at all this; thanks in advance!

Last edited by JaxxBlaxx,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait.

Because two downgrade ways are coming soon for the n3DS, one of those works only on firmware before 10.2. (until 10.1, it was patched on 10.2)
The second way will work on 10.3 but well, the first way should be released shortly before the second one. Just wait, that's safe that way. ;)

JaxxBlaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the answers! :)

I have a question though: Would KernelTimeMachine work without any kind of hack since my N3DS right now is basically without any kind of hack or entry point?

anonymoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • First of all, and most importantly: DO NOT UPDATE WHATEVER FIRMWARE YOU'RE ON; IF YOU HAVE *HAX. IF YOU DON'T, AND THE MOST RECENT FIRMWARE VERSION AVAILABLE IS STILL 10.3, UPDATE AND INSTALL MENUHAX. Thanks. It is recommended for you to get a way to access Homebrew Launcher as soon as possible.

• snshax is indeed a way to downgrade without NAND backup (and install legit CIAs) for firmware under 10.2 as it was patched with that version. This is N3DS-only and not a kernel exploit. However, this is not the only way to do it and it is not very useful anyway because of the following.

• memchunkhax2 is a new kernel11 exploit. This one works on every firmware up to and including 10.3. This allows downgrade (without NAND backup), legit CIA installation, a lot of good stuff (but not direct piracy). This is a new version of memchunkhax that was not properly fixed by Nintendo in 9.3. This works on 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, N3DS and N3DS XL.
Q: Who is working on this ?
A: @Steveice10, @TuxSH, @julian20, @mid-kid, @delebile, and @MassExplosion213 are team-working on memchunkhax2. @motezazer is helping them, too.

Q: Who found this ?
A: smealum found snshax, derrek found memchunkhax2 and plutoo found ntrcardhax and arm9loaderhax.

Q: Will this allow 9.5+ emuNAND on N3DS ?
A: No.​

, so stay under 10.1 if you have a new3DS

Last edited by anonymoose,

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here is a browserhax tip for you. If you have a N3DS.

Put the Browserhax DNS on the 3DS DNS. Then, put the exploit in the favorites. (if you are on 9.9 http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php this is the address of the exploit). Turn off the console, turn it on, go to the internet browser and access the exploit, try it a few times, it worked here. I have a 9.9 too, took me a few tries.

JaxxBlaxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Here is a browserhax tip for you. If you have a N3DS.

Put the Browserhax DNS on the 3DS DNS. Then, put the exploit in the favorites. (if you are on 9.9 http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php this is the address of the exploit). Turn off the console, turn it on, go to the internet browser and access the exploit, try it a few times, it worked here. I have a 9.9 too, took me a few tries.

I don't know why, but I kept getting the Error code 032-1006 - Could not display page... I'm pretty sure my Internet connection works fine too :mellow:

Edit: And it finally worked! :blink: Thanks for making me keep trying it!

Her0xd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where or whats the browserhacks dns if you dont mind? Im also in the same boat 9.9.0 26 n3ds

I read some other threads and it's probably this. I did it auto dsn. They say your connection have to be fast. I stayed near my wifi and was able to do the quick speed browser open and got homebrew to work on my 9.9.0-26U.
image.png
image.png

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wait. Gateway will eventually release its downgrade method. You won't need the cart, though.
As for browserhax, make sure you have the correct payloads and install it by scanning the QR code with wifi off.

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll believe it when I see it.

I think they already have a good reputation. Except for the Soon tm thingy. Lol
Many people have already downgraded their 3ds. But it doesn't hurt to wait if someone doesn't feel confident enough about the current downgrade methods .

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think they already have a good reputation. Except for the Soon tm thingy. Lol
Many people have already downgraded their 3ds. But it doesn't hurt to wait if someone doesn't feel confident enough about the current downgrade methods .
Gateway is a joke with the recent community progress, especially with 9.6+ N3DS emuNAND. They just used a community leak to add the emuNAND support. It's stealing work to sell it afterwards.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just got a N3DS Ver 9.9.0, and tried BrowserHax but failed -- Should I wait for a downgrade option at this firmware version or update to 10.3.0 before a new firmware comes out?

I'm still a noob at all this; thanks in advance!

Erm, don't update.

There's a way for browserhax to work.

1. Turn off wifi
2. enter link in browser
3. turn on wifi and immediately go into browser to load link. you have about 20 seconds to do so.

Using the DNS above will help to.

Also, I managed to downgrade my JPN N3DS LL from 9.9 (albeit first downgrade it was bootable frankenfirmware, second instance succeeded downgrade fully)

I'll recommend:

1. using safesysupdater to check downgrade files, and ensure that the files don't 'fail' [replace the files that failed with files that won't fail]
2. THEN use latest sysupdater to downgrade all the files! (it any files failed, don't do this step)

anonymoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ktm will never be released. OP, use safe sysupdater! It provides all the same checks as ktm would have.
Well,... Mr QuotingAncientPosts as already stated by James310 at the time I wrote my reply memchunkhax2 wasn't really a thing and KTM seemed to get finished soonTM
(till the GBATemp Members prevented the further research of JustPingo and the release with their dumbness)

Edit:
besides at this time KTM was planned to work with snshax

Last edited by anonymoose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.