Not open for further replies.

dragonpnoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as the title says N+ is not decompressing. I don't know what's happening. By the way, I'm using The Unarchiver if that helps.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Decompressing? As in trimming, or extracting the ROM contents? The file itself is rather small, so trimming wouldn't be that effective. I've unpacked the contents, and it worked fine.

dragonpnoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Decompressing? As in trimming, or extracting the ROM contents? The file itself is rather small, so trimming wouldn't be that effective. I've unpacked the contents, and it worked fine.

What do you mean "unpacked the contents"?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Let's get something straight here.

By "decompressing", do you mean extracting files from an archive (such as .rar or .zip)?

If so, is there an error message? CRC errors? Try redownloading the rar file from a different source, or try extracting the files using Winrar.

Or do you mean extracting the contents of the .rom using DSLazy (or something similar)?

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
dragonpnoy42 said:
What do you mean "unpacked the contents"?

Using a program like dsbuff or dslazy to extract the individual files that make up the game. It's mostly done when you want to get the music from a game, or create game hacks.

dragonpnoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
By "decompressing", do you mean extracting files from an archive (such as .rar or .zip)?

I mean extracting the files. It downloaded fine. But after it downloaded, it didn't say it was decompressing the file. It just gave the site where I downloaded it.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
dragonpnoy42 said:
Law said:

I mean extracting the files. It downloaded fine. But after it downloaded, it didn't say it was decompressing the file. It just gave the site where I downloaded it.

I don't understand that at all, so let's start with the basics, shall we?

What was the filetype of the file you downloaded? If it was a .rar file I would recommend extracting it using Winrar. After installing Winrar all you need to do is right click the .rar or .zip file and click "Extract Here" or "Extract to..."

But after it downloaded, it didn't say it was decompressing the file.

Makes it sound like you had downloaded a file and expected it to extract itself.

dragonpnoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm using Mac OS X. Also that I downloaded another game and it was decompressed by the Unarchiver

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dragonpnoy42 said:
Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm using Mac OS X. Also that I downloaded another game and it was decompressed by the Unarchiver
http://unrarx.sourceforge.net/

Works like a charm
wink.gif

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
dragonpnoy42 said:

Unarchiver may have encountered an error it isn't telling you about. Download the RAR from another source in case it's corrupted (Or try redownloading it).

Also, Winrar for OS X.

dragonpnoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
so this guy cant unRAR a file? is this for real? delete the file and get it from somewhere else.

Don't you think I tried that? And it can be the Unarchiver because I downloaded other games and it decompressed it fine. On this one site it game me the name of the game then zip.html. So what does that mean?

dragonpnoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few tries, I was able to decompress the N+ rar. But it gave me a folder. Inside the folder it gave me something " xpa-nplu.sfv ". Would it be ok if I used this?

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
dragonpnoy42 said:
After a few tries, I was able to decompress the N+ rar. But it gave me a folder. Inside the folder it gave me something " xpa-nplu.sfv ". Would it be ok if I used this?

Use it as what?

It's not a ROM. Anything else in the folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1