Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys, I was wondering what I needed to do when I want to make an account for a mySQL database so it's accessable anywhere in the world. I've managed to make an account that works from anywhere on the home network but not more than that.

I use a no-ip thingy. So could anyone just post the queries I need to execute so it works?

Thanks in advance!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
SQLGRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'usernamehere'@'%';
This should work. Although, I highly suggest narrowing it down to a specific range or host for security reasons (eg. '123.123.123.%').
Don't forget to set a password to the username.
And don't forget that you need to open/forward the port on your firewall/router.

Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Why? I use the database for my MMORPG, the crew needs access to the database to add items, ... And I got a decent webhosting but I prefer to have the mysql database to be on the same computer as the game server.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
then you dont want to be opening up your mySQL... you want to be installing some form of interface between the server and the outside world. Cpanel is such example. or set up something where your "crew" just uploads it via ftp to somewhere like /sqlfiles and then have the server automatically run the SQL, email a report and delete the file via a cron job.

Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
then you dont want to be opening up your mySQL... you want to be installing some form of interface between the server and the outside world. Cpanel is such example. or set up something where your "crew" just uploads it via ftp to somewhere like /sqlfiles and then have the server automatically run the SQL, email a report and delete the file via a cron job.

Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge of SQL to do that kind of thing >.<

Oh well, thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.