rushjurassicparkfly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
An off-topic query here: it seems like I'll be starting a regular 9-5 office job soon, and the team is looking for recommendations for a good DMS (document management software) tool. Given how I haven't got any hands-on experience with those, I thought one of you could point me in the right direction. The job includes a lot of updating/organizing PDFs, sending the right file to the right team member (some of whom work part-time and in a different time zone), and knowing where to place the "final" version of said file once changes have been made. So, I feel like we can utilize a system that can find a pdf just by its content (or by a keyword), and can also keep a tab of all the changes made to a file, so that we can "revert" it to an older version if need be.
I've read some descriptions of how most DMS tools work, and I don't think I'm asking for too much here. Lastly (sorry for the long post), I'm not looking for a free tool, as much as a fairly priced one (I don't wanna vouch for something too expensive before the team, and then watch as it underperforms in action) :)
So, anyone with pertinent experience care to pitch in?
Thanks!

amusingmuse22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I'm reading this right, it looks to me that you need an app that will automatically route (send) certain new files or scans to a relevant folder of your choosing, has Cloud sharing, provides some means to edit/alter PDFs, provides version control and also, OCR (optical character recognition) - the thing that allows you to find a particular phrase or a word within a directory. If that's so, I think any of the popular office apps will do the trick, like Office 365, Adobe, Docuware, FileCenter, M-FIles, Templafy...
Just spend some time inspecting the available packages, make sure you won't be signing up for something you won't need, and end up paying more in the process. I think most of the plans that these brands offer between $5-10 should hold those features

MilissaMaloney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm reading this right, it looks to me that you need an app that will automatically route (send) certain new files or scans to a relevant folder of your choosing, has Cloud sharing, provides some means to edit/alter PDFs, provides version control and also, OCR (optical character recognition) - the thing that allows you to find a particular phrase or a word within a directory. If that's so, I think any of the popular office apps will do the trick, like Office 365, Adobe, Docuware, FileCenter, M-FIles, Templafy...
Just spend some time inspecting the available packages, make sure you won't be signing up for something you won't need, and end up paying more in the process. I think most of the plans that these brands offer between $5-10 should hold those features
Thanks for the advice, I will check it.

Edit: It works for me. Thanks.

Last edited by MilissaMaloney,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?