Hardware My XL got damaged....

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I was cleaning my 3DS XL and saw something that pissed me off.
It looks like the upper screen got scratched by the touch screen.
And i think it was because my sister closed it so fast that you can hear like a clap.
It looks like this
3dsxldots.jpg
*This is not my picture*

But its vertical all the way on the upper screen.

Is it possible to clear that somehow?
What chemical can i use to clean it?
I tried with the polyester cleaning cloth but it didn't help,it did but just a little.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it was the bottom screen dude. If you look on the top screen, there are two little nubs, those rest on the bottom screen, so the screens aren't making any contact with each other. You got it scratched somehow else.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't think it was the bottom screen dude. If you look on the top screen, there are two little nubs, those rest on the bottom screen, so the screens aren't making any contact with each other. You got it scratched somehow else.

But how is it possible??
If i use a protractor it would be EXACTLY 90 degrees.
It must be, cause there is no other way to make those scratched so perfectly vertical.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, its like you said, she closed it so hard, it clapped together. However I dont see a one time clap making scratches on the top screen, unless she continually claps it closed.
As for cleaning it, it depends on how deep the scratches are. Simple scratch cleaner could possibly work, but check online for a recommended one for use on a gaming screen.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Blame it as the random screen scratching problem to Nintendo and
hope they fix it. :P

you kidding right? the small 3ds had this problem and it was never fixed and now the xl has this problem on the other side and that will never get fixed either, the only way to prevent it is a screen protector as soon as you buy the xl, people shouldn't have to fork out for a screen protector just to protect their screen, it should be durable from the get go.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

you kidding right? the small 3ds had this problem and it was never fixed and now the xl has this problem on the other side and that will never get fixed either, the only way to prevent it is a screen protector as soon as you buy the xl, people shouldn't have to fork out for a screen protector just to protect their screen, it should be durable from the get go.

Everything get's scratched dude. Hell the iPhone and iTouches are claimed to be scratched proof (this was years ago) but they got scratched no problem. Nintendo fixed the scratching with the XL. It's not a faulty design like the original 3DS was.

Reactions: 2 people

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, its like you said, she closed it so hard, it clapped together. However I dont see a one time clap making scratches on the top screen, unless she continually claps it closed.
As for cleaning it, it depends on how deep the scratches are. Simple scratch cleaner could possibly work, but check online for a recommended one for use on a gaming screen.

Everything get's scratched dude. Hell the iPhone and iTouches are claimed to be scratched proof (this was years ago) but they got scratched no problem. Nintendo fixed the scratching with the XL. It's not a faulty design like the original 3DS was.

Lets get to the point.
Its strached.
Now... i can't buy anything online.
What stuff to use to try to clean it?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lets get to the point.
Its strached.
Now... i can't buy anything online.
What stuff to use to try to clean it?

It's scratched dude. There's isn't really anything you can do. You'd need to find something that can fill in scratches, but considering it's the XL screen, good luck trying to find something that won't ruin the screen.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read the rest of my post? If its light scratches, just go to a local game store, electronics store, and ask for screen scratches solution.
If they don't carry it, search youtube for various screen remedies.
Some people managed to fix their IPhone screens with Sandpaper!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

They fixed it by putting the feet above the screen, but the system is made out of bendable plastic so any force outside of normal use like having the system under pressure in a backpack or carelessly closing it can result in having the bottom screen edge touching the top screen. This time the scratches shows as small dots and not lines because of the textured plastic.

There are plastic polishers out there as chavosaur pointed out, I've personally used displex before on my original 3DS plastic exterior for example, fixing it yourself takes a bit of courage and elbow grease just so you know.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Did you read the rest of my post? If its light scratches, just go to a local game store, electronics store, and ask for screen scratches solution.
If they don't carry it, search youtube for various screen remedies.
Some people managed to fix their IPhone screens with Sandpaper!

Sandpaper WON'T definitely work.

I got some kind of fluid for PC screens.
Is that ok?

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Btw it doesn't feel like a sratch.
I can't feel it when i touch the screen with my finger.
It seems i accidentally sneezed and it won't go away now.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you cant feel it, then it is not a deep scratch. A little polish and elbow greese should work wonders my friend.

Can i try it with water?

EDIT:Well nintendo agrees

What to do:
  • Slightly dampen a soft, cotton cloth with water ONLY and wipe off the Touch Screen and 3D Screen.
  • Using a dry portion of the same cloth, wipe the screens dry.
  • Using a loop of transparent tape, dab at any remaining dust or smudges.

• Repeat steps 1-3 if necessary.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I too have the EXACT same scratches on my 3DSXL screen....so maybe some models are exactly even and now our screens have a weird spot pattern scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: