My Wii won't turn off

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lima112
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,555
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Likes Likes 1

Lima112

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 13, 2022
Messages
52
Reaction score
10
Trophies
1
Age
29
Location
Belo Horizonte
XP
1,154
Country
Brazil
I got a new Wii, but when I turn it off, the light stays green (not yellow)
I already tried to turn off standby and wiiconnect24, but without success.
It only turns off when I'm in homebrew channel or in a homebrew app.
If I'm in System Menu, I press the power button and the screen changes to "no signal", but the light stays green.
After that, I have to press the power button until the light turns red or remove the power supply.
If I press the power button to turn on the Wii when the light is green, nothing happens


- Bootmii or priiloader weren't installed (they're not the cause) - I installed them after it
- I tried to run a syscheck to update the IOSes via ModMii, but didn't solve the problem.

Here's the first syscheck

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 125732904
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Brazil (16)
Boot2 v4
Found 77 titles.
Found 51 IOS on this console. 11 of them are stubs.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, Beer Ticket
IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 06/24/2024.

Here's the syscheck after installing the IOSes downloaded by ModMii:
Second syscheck:

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 125732904
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Brazil (16)
Boot2 v4
Found 77 titles.
Found 51 IOS on this console. 9 of them are stubs.
IOS3 (rev 404): Stub
IOS4 (rev 404): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 404): Stub
IOS11[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 404): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 404): Stub
IOS52[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 404): Stub
IOS222 (rev 404): Stub
IOS223 (rev 404): Stub
IOS236 (rev 404): Stub
IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 06/24/2024.

Obs: I chose to keep base IOS 57 on IOS 249 and base IOS 56 on IOS 250.

Is there anything else I can do?
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys, I found something:
I opened Priiloader, went to Settings and changed "Use System Menu IOS" to off.
IOS to use for SM --> I put 249
Now when I boot into System Menu and try to power off my Wii, it turns off (red light).
I tried changing "Use System Menu IOS" to on again, went back to System Menu, and when I tried to power off my wii, the problem came back (eternal green light).
Maybe it can be a provisory fix for it
 
Last edited by Lima112,
  • Like
Reactions: TrungNh
I'm noticing that your real System Menu IOS, IOS 80, has been modified, and is actually a modded copy of IOS 60 with the Trucha bug re-enabled and NAND access patched in. Do you know if that modded IOS is required for anything you're doing? I'm betting that that's probably the culprit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SylverReZ
Try going ahead and reinstall CIOS with the latest one up-to-date. If I recall on the top of my head, you don't need to install a trucha bug IOS for installing WADs or booting off burnt media for that matter. https://wii.guide/cios
I wouldn’t recommending installing any cIOS. There’s no reason for IOS 80 to be anything other than stock, as far as I’m aware. The System Menu shouldn’t need any IOS hacks to run, and generally cIOS should only be installed into the really high unused slots to not interfere with normal IOS usage.
 
I'm noticing that your real System Menu IOS, IOS 80, has been modified, and is actually a modded copy of IOS 60 with the Trucha bug re-enabled and NAND access patched in. Do you know if that modded IOS is required for anything you're doing? I'm betting that that's probably the culprit.
This Wii originally was with stock IOS 80 installed on it (take a look at first syscheck). And this problem was still happening.
Then I tried to drop the syscheck in modmii to check for any updates or something like that. I thought it could solve this problem.

Try going ahead and reinstall CIOS with the latest one up-to-date. If I recall on the top of my head, you don't need to install a trucha bug IOS for installing WADs or booting off burnt media for that matter.
This problem was happening before I modded this Wii (it was never modded before, no cIOS installed). So I don't think the cIOS may be the problem. I installed them and the Wii started to turn off again when setting Wii System Menu to run with IOS 249.
 
I have same problem like this.

And I've fixed with you guide. Thank you very much.

Maybe my wii have some hard-mod because my Wii had System Menu 4.0J with Dvdx before. I deleted Dvdx and changed Region to System Menu 4.3U.

Lastly, I re-applied original IOS80 and problem gone.
 
Last edited by TrungNh,
  • Like
Reactions: Lima112
I'm noticing that your real System Menu IOS, IOS 80, has been modified, and is actually a modded copy of IOS 60 with the Trucha bug re-enabled and NAND access patched in. Do you know if that modded IOS is required for anything you're doing? I'm betting that that's probably the culprit.

A (modmii) patched system menu ios allows you to play fakesigned content that has been moved to the official sd card menu (either manually or using wad2bin). It also permits hardware capable wii's to play banners from backup disks when inserted in the disk channel (but can't play them without other priiloader mods or garbage like dark corp)

Edit: Modmii's system menu ios also protects against 003 bricks or lu64+ downgrade bricks, but this is because it's base is ios60, not because of patches
 

Site & Scene News