OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, long story short, I have a 500GB hard-drive for my Wii games. I was using it for my Wii games, then I got done with the Wii for a few months, formatted the HDD, used it as an external storage on my computer for a bit, although I didn't really put anything on it at all, so I formatted it again, then reformatted with WBFS Manager 3.0 so it would work again, and put a few games on it(Punch Out!!, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Super Paper Mario, and Rune Factory: Frontier, all NTSC/NTSC-U), and none of them will play. I use ConfigurableUSBLoader mainly, on v70 right now, and tried NeoGamma also. Any tips(even the far fetched ones)are welcome. Please help!
Thanks!

smile.gif

mellow.gif

hateps3.gif

---EDIT---
ALRIGHT
Okay
Good stuff is happening,
smile.gif

My Wii is cured!
But I don't know exactly what was wrong. All I know is I went over to my friends house, and as a test, we set my hard-drive up to his Wii, and he launched CFG, and it didn't work. Then, we set his up to mine, and it worked perfectly. So then we plugged my hard-drive into his computer and he went into it(somehow it let him view it through the Windows Explorer and not with WBFS or anything of that matter,)and saw that some reason the game I had on there wasn't as an ISO. So he plugged his in and copied his copy of Super Paper Mario onto my hard-drive through WBFS after formatting, and it worked perfectly, and this time, was an ISO according to the computer and everything, although he couldn't get into it this time without WBFS and such. And it worked on my Wii this time. I don't quite understand the problem, but it's fixed now. I think I just should reinstall WBFS, although I used another program like that before while it was broken, so I don't know how that would make sense like that, but yeah, whatever. It works now, so all is right in my universe now.
happy.gif

yaywii.gif

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Antoni-YO! said:
What IOS are you using?
Mainly 249, but I've tried them all. 222nload and 223nload seem to work the best. Every time I launch one of them, instead of the screen staying black and the controller staying off, controller will come back on. I also used Rev17 and Rev19 for these. Base 57.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
don't use wbfs file system , use fat32
Alright,
Me and my friend were just messing with it ever since your first post(not noobishly, doing it correctly)after researching the stuff online and stuff, from like 2am to now 4am. It's not working still..... 0.o

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But you DO have both a FAT32 partitioned hard drive and the correct cIOS in 249, right? (check the stickies in this forum section for links).

Then it's either your loader, or the way you put your games on them.

For loader...CFG or wiiflow are the best choices, though the latest configurable USB loader should work as well (check the 'backup loader' stickies).

As for transferring your wii games: use wii backup manager. It'll put it the games in the correct spot with the correct name, so the aforementioned loaders can use them.

If you're still having problems, you may want to be a bit more specific than "it's not working still" if you want some help.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is the optimal cIOS setup:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Download the latest ModMii and choose the recommended setup (now the same as what I suggested), and install the wads.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Here is the optimal cIOS setup:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Download the latest ModMii and choose the recommended setup (now the same as what I suggested), and install the wads.

Thanks man, I'll do this, see how it goes,

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you format the drive as FAT32, make sure the partition is set as primary and active.

use something like wiibackupmanager to put the games onto the hdd.

make sure that the usb drive is plugged into the port nearest the bottom of the wii (the side with the feet).

update all cIOS's using Modmii. i would actually recommend doing a full re-hack with modmii. making sure even that the HBC is installed in IOS 58 (has nothing to do with this, but to just have everything set up properly on the software side).

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
when you format the drive as FAT32, make sure the partition is set as primary and active.

use something like wiibackupmanager to put the games onto the hdd.

make sure that the usb drive is plugged into the port nearest the bottom of the wii (the side with the feet).

update all cIOS's using Modmii. i would actually recommend doing a full re-hack with modmii. making sure even that the HBC is installed in IOS 58 (has nothing to do with this, but to just have everything set up properly on the software side).

I've done all that, except the rehack, because I don't have any game that I can use for it. My friend loaned me his Brawl to do it, and he sold all his games. So now I guess that's it then, huh?

Reasons everyone needs to own Smash Bros. Brawl. Lol,

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
morrisseyshair said:
Keep us updated, OP. If anyone else is having your problem this thread could help.
I'll try. I think nothing can be done now except to rehack it, but it doesn't look like I can right now, so I'm going to have to find a way to get Brawl or something.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
This is probably useless but did you try using the other USB port?
smile.gif
Thanks for trying, but only one port works for this, or at least for my Wii anyways. I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be, but if you're looking at them both from the back, then the one on the right(the side where you would lay the Wii down)is the only one I can put the HDD into, otherwise it wont pick up that it's in there.

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't recommend formatting with wbfs manager, used that as well and nothing worked.
I did however format with wiibackupmanager to fat32/cluster 32kb and had absolutely no problems. All I had to do was create a wbfs folder and that's it. Wbfs manager is outdated imo.

There are much better alternatives.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jsdman1234 said:
morrisseyshair said:
Keep us updated, OP. If anyone else is having your problem this thread could help.
I'll try. I think nothing can be done now except to rehack it, but it doesn't look like I can right now, so I'm going to have to find a way to get Brawl or something.

use letterbomb. you don't need a game anymore.

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Alright, long story short, I have a 500GB hard-drive for my Wii games. I was using it for my Wii games.
I use ConfigurableUSBLoader mainly, on v70 right now, and tried NeoGamma also.

Hold on so your wii is already modded ?. You have the homebrew channel ?

If so all you need is a wad manager and the updated cios wads.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bumper said:
QUOTE said:
Alright, long story short, I have a 500GB hard-drive for my Wii games. I was using it for my Wii games.
I use ConfigurableUSBLoader mainly, on v70 right now, and tried NeoGamma also.

Hold on so your wii is already modded ?. You have the homebrew channel ?

If so all you need is a wad manager and the updated cios wads.

0.o Explain?
Cause I've got the wad manager, but dk what the updated cios wads are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Super Crown Bowser edition Switch lol
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805715185478.html?spm=a2g0n.home.rcmd.105.468a76dbtSgw0l&gps-i...