Hacking My Wii has been hacked to bits, and I need to start over.

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I've been away from the Wii modding scene too long. I just don't know what to install on it, and I need help. I will at least list my firmware and the things it can do (I'm not sure how much it will help):

Firmware: 4.2u
BootMii installed: no
Can run Wii backups: yes
Can run Gamecube backups: no
Trucha bug installed: yes
Neogamma currently runs on: IOS 249, rev 21007

I play most of my games on USB Loader GX, and I can play some newer games, except games like Call of Duty MW3. And I want to be able to play Gamecube backups as well, namely from multiboot backups. I would take careful steps to do this on my own, but I don't even have BootMii to back me up. I need help. So. Bad. :(

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I've been away from the Wii modding scene too long. I just don't know what to install on it, and I need help. I will at least list my firmware and the things it can do (I'm not sure how much it will help):

Firmware: 4.2u That is the System Menu, not firmware.
BootMii installed: no Install it and make a NAND backup, it is very important.
Can run Wii backups: yes
Can run Gamecube backups: no
Trucha bug installed: yes That really doesn't say anything since you didn't mention the slot.
Neogamma currently runs on: IOS 249, rev 21007

I play most of my games on USB Loader GX, and I can play some newer games, except games like Call of Duty MW3. And I want to be able to play Gamecube backups as well, namely from multiboot backups. I would take careful steps to do this on my own, but I don't even have BootMii to back me up. I need help. So. Bad. :(
Resoftmodding your Wii with ModMii is probably the best option because it will cover everything. If you just want to address these issues, download and install cIOS250[57] d2x v8 and cMIOS from ModMii, then update NeoGamma.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't actually appear to have been away that long, as the joo's say you really only need d2x v8 and you currently have v7

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I just threw it all on there, I didn't resoftmod the whole thing, since I plan on sleeping tonight. And it all worked, too! Thanks Joo. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night