Hacking My Wii Crashes on the wii menu, Help me!

namq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
here's what happened explaining very well.

the wii didn't had any problem, but with the wad manager

I wanted to be able to use wad, and intalled the wrong CIos, which made neogamma, usbloader, and almost every homebrew app to not work

so I thought it was because of Wii Version 4.2u, so I downgraded

everything was perfect while I downgraded to 3.2... I din't know if I was supposed to downgrade to 3.2 or 3.3... the only thing I know I screwed the wii somewhat

the wii was perfect as I told previously, but... the disk channel asked me for an updated :s... I was like what the hell...

I just updated it

I played a week with no problems, perhaps +1/2 week more

after that, I brought my wii to my friends house, I forgot my sd card which without it I would not have HBC to work

I said, darn, *whatever* I had the only option to use my friend's games with the disk channel

I installed the wii, and when I wanted to play "Update Disk CHannel" ... what... "?"

well since last time nothing happened... why would something happen now???

"!" wht is taking so long for the game to load, when I look at my nunchuck... it's turned off
ohmy.gif
!!! and the wii light was green

*did I just bricked the wii?* so I thought...

I couldn't fix it... I felt pointless/useless

so... I just watched movies and forget about it (the wii is not mine is my friend's which I told him after he came home

he was like "face palm + shame"

*after a couple of hours I left*

when I came home, I inserted the sd card with bootmii (yes!!! the wii had bootmii installed before anything happened)

and for what I saw... the problem is not a briked wii, is an error/bug on the wii menu, bootmii>homebrewchannel works to a 100%

the only was for me to play Disks is from geckoOs (ocarina off)

or to load channels , same as above

to play Backups Usb Loader/NeoGamma

but... I cannot access the internet... which the last conection registed was at my friends house...

plz I need help...

namq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nitrostemp said:
reinstall 4.2 and try again
the thing is, I cannot access the wii menu, thus, the wii can't be used without the SD Card with bootmii (which lets me access the HBC) without the wii menu

without the wii menu, I can't access the Options, without the options I cannot use the internet, without the internet no Update, and again, without the
wii menu > options >"Update Wii Now" Tab cannot be access

I hope everyone that is trying to help out can read all since I stated once that the wii menu doesn't work, just bootmii>HBC

Edit:

I cannot use the wii cause I get black screen, the wii light is green and the wiimote auto disconnects

but for somereason, the wii works with the SD card with boomi (since the wii haves bootmii installed for a long time)

read the OP since if you do you can figure out what happens and what I can/cannot do

namq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

juanjoish

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
namq said:
nitrostemp said:
namq said:
nitrostemp said:
guess what you can update with wads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for real !!! plz help me out man, cause you might just safe my life
smile.gif

read here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I guess I need to go to my friends house to use the internet (I have wifi) but I cannot set my connection without the wii menu >.<

thx thou
smile.gif
you are sure a life saver ^^

but wad installation is offline... no need to internet, and its not sure the wii will reconnect, not even at your friend's house

namq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juanjoish said:
namq said:
nitrostemp said:
namq said:
nitrostemp said:
guess what you can update with wads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for real !!! plz help me out man, cause you might just safe my life
smile.gif

read here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I guess I need to go to my friends house to use the internet (I have wifi) but I cannot set my connection without the wii menu >.<

thx thou
smile.gif
you are sure a life saver ^^

but wad installation is offline... no need to internet, and its not sure the wii will reconnect, not even at your friend's house

kk, I will try it then. if it works I'll let ya know
smile.gif

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Or alternatively re-install the correct version of IOS30 which will be a stub right now as you downgraded from 4.2 to 3.2 hence the brick (not an error or bug!) - luckily you have bootmii.

namq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1,000,000+ Thanks man
biggrin.gif
the wii can officially work without the use of bootmii, the system menu is back to 4.2U and will stay there ^^

/bow

my friend's wii is back to normal
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.