Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends think my other friend's website is better than mine.

Here is my friends website. www.supersmash.moonfruit.com

Mine: http://thepenguinluigi.moonfruit.com/

Can you tell me the pros and cons about my website? Smart People like you guys should know.

Please no Harsh Words! Im just a noobie

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks! i need full honesty! So what can i work on?

(I Am edting it right now so teh stuff might dissapear LOL)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well lets see...takes a second to load, too many gifs, the whole color scheme looks...bad, unless that grey border has something to do with moonfruit. The red text does NOT go with the background very well at all, and just having them animated is making it worse. When I clicked on one of the faces, it went to a really squished up image as the background that went on FOREVER. Unless that's because the hundreds of youtube videos were still loading. Google on your site is definitely not required, don't see why it's there. Visitors thing should be barely visible and at the bottom of the page.

But don't feel bad. Your friends color scheme sucks, too. The text is barely visible. The location of his visitors thing should also be at the bottom as well. Search engine shouldn't be there. Website is too...simple. Shouldn't feature his full name so noticeably on the website, either. That's just asking for trouble. The countdown thing is... unnecessary as well.

Really, TBH, both websites aren't that good.But if this is your first then...I guess that explains it. Think about taking a web design class, you'll learn all about why everything I've mentioned is kind of a no no and various other tricks and things as well

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe I will do as you say

But since i Dont have much experence i will do my best tee hee so which one is better?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They both are pretty bad, but you want constructive criticism right so here we go
  • You have way to much blank space
  • The background is terrible it makes the words hard to read at certain points
  • There's basically no info, why don't you make a character bio page with the games they've been in (or just rob a couple of paragraphs from each characters wiki page)
  • Get rid of the gifs unless you add context for them e.g. (Welcome to blah blah blah the place mario likes to rock out when hes got some down time) and then have the mario rocking out gif
  • Get rid of spongebob, he has nothing to do with what your trying to talk about, its like me putting a picture of Zelda on a icarly website, pointless
  • Get rid of the login box on the right, theres no point of signing up for a website that has no content
Its shit basically, but i think you do the character bio and clean up the amount of free space and it wouldn't look half bad

sebman3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yha im the guy that made the supersmash.moonfruit.com
i did what you told me to do can you tell me anething eles
plus the guy that said that it looked like it was made by a 13 or 14 year old
we are both 11 years old

D

Deleted_171835

yha im the guy that made the supersmash.moonfruit.com
i did what you told me to do can you tell me anething eles
plus the guy that said that it looked like it was made by a 13 or 14 year old
we are both 11 years old
It still sucks.

- Auto-playing audio, especially the fact that there's no visible way to stop it
- Intrusive Background
- Youtube video embedded that was taken down
- Using Flash to provide text instead of plain text. Actually screw Flash entirely. I don't know why you are using for the page when basic HTML will suffice.
- Visitor counter right on the top. Just no.
- A link to Club Penguin? Why is that there? What relevance does it have to the home-page?
- Uploading Flash games made by others on your games page without permission. Illegal and stuff.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All right, I can't see the one belonging to LuigiPenguin. Looks like it's down or something.
You might wanna check that so the rest of us can give you some more advice. ;)

As for that SuperSmash one, well, it needs a lot of work.
I think for starters, the title of the page (what shows at the top of your browser) needs to be punctuated properly.
Currently it's "HOME - super smash"
You might wanna change it to something like "Super Smash Bros."
Also, it's pretty strange how your site is supposed to be a flash game website, yet you focus really hard and are so biased towards that one Super Smash Bros. Flash game.
You might wanna change the background, too. Tiled images really don't usually look good.
And again, back to punctuation.
A good website's sections at the top would be punctuated properly.
You might want to pay attention to how it says "HOME - games - Music/ videos - funny pics - talk to me"
You should probably go ahead and change them to "Home - Games - Media - Gags (or whatever synonym you can find) - Contact"
And again, more onto punctuation with the labelling of your games in the games page.
Also, I'm aware that you're 11. I think you should probably be warned that pretty much all of the music on your music/videos page is illegal. I don't want you ending up in trouble at some point, so just watch out. I mean as far as I know, unless you have a license from each artist to use their music on your site (which costs a lot; don't even think about it) or you're embedding a YouTube video of their VEVO, then you can't really have commercial music on there.

There's a lot more on my mind, but I don't want to trouble you. I think these are the most important ones right now, so you should get to these first. ;)
Hope I helped.

D

Deleted-236924

Yeah, I dislike websites that only have Page not Found on them.

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is just adorable.

I made my first website when I was around 11, too. It was very bad. But that didn't discourage me in the least!

"Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something."

About a hundred attempts later, I could actually make a fairly decent looking page. Been years since I last tried, though.

Keep at it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...