Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMAG0181.jpgIMAG0185.jpgIMAG0240.jpg
IMAG0228.jpgIMAG0225.jpgIMAG0243.jpg
Still a work in progress, needs painted and T-molding still... but I'm happy with it so far. I use "Maximus Arcade" as my frontend. Quad-core, 4gbRAM PC with a decent graphics card. I striped down a set of pretty good amplified PC 2.1 speakers. Added the 2 front speakers to top marquee facing down, as seen in last pic, and put the woofer in bottom of cabinet by PC tower. RGB Lighted Fans on both sides, and "fake" double quarter slot, with RGB led also, in bottom front. Couple RGB LED strips here n there. ABS 3D printed fan, and speaker covers. A USB Trackball also lit but green only. I printed out the Marque myself on paper, then sandwiched between 2 pieces plexiglass, with RGB LED behind. All RGB controlled with a LED controller and remote. Used "I-PAC 2" for all wiring of buttons/joysticks to PC.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great! I've wanted to make one forever, but I still live in a college dorm. My plan right now is to gut an arcade 1up cabinet and replace the control deck with a 3rd party one I saw with a trackball + 4 player support.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that comfortable to play on? The buttons seem a bit oddly spaced/positioned.
I love it, I made the surface huge so plenty of room, can rest elbows down on the top while playing. I originally put the buttons in a cardboard top (pic1) and played with different configs to find position I liked first. Some reason this felt the most comfy for me. I do have some big fat fingers tho. But so far no one has complained about it or anything. Most the games played round here are only 4 button max anyways eg: NES,SNES,MAME,etc. but I included a 6 button just in case, eg: FIGHTER games. I have a Virtual Pinball I made used kinda same layout, will get pics and share here soon. :grog:

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: