GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, first of all, I am NOT here to promote my work whatsoever. I am here to let you guys critique the youtube channel that I made recently. I am looking for creative comments such as "It's better if you do this and that" and NOT "This channel sucks dude!! gtfo!@%"..

Anyway, here is the channel that I create:

KHTutorial's Youtube Channel

The channel would be "strictly" and dedicated tutorials of anything that is related to Kingdom Hearts such as walkthroughs, how to's, and other stuff. So please leave a comment of the things you guys think that should be changed and others that might be good to add. Thank you very much! Highly appreciate it.

I am also looking for best ways to record gameplays. I knew some methods but if you be so kind to tell how you record yours in HD. Thank you in advance!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's better if you do not do this, because there's like a bajillion number of guides and walthroughs and tutorials for seemingly everything Kingdom Hearts related.
You'd just be wasting your time, really.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
It's better if you do not do this, because there's like a bajillion number of guides and walthroughs and tutorials for seemingly everything Kingdom Hearts related.
You'd just be wasting your time, really.

This is not about me wasting my time really. How could I waste my time on doing something I love?
smile.gif
If you ask me what a waste of time is? Working >.<
I am not making it to gain something. I am doing this because I love it.
happy.gif
I know there's a 'bajillion' number of guides out there but I am thinking of offering live commentary every videos I will make.
Also, there's no harm on doing it really
biggrin.gif
In fact, I can help some people. This channel is collective, meaning it is dedicated to KH ONLY. =]

P.S. I am not talking about the videos yet guys, I am just looking for comment about the layout. =,=

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that if you want to be successful you should widen your scope. If you only make Kingdom Hearts walkthroughs, people will get bored of it when they move on to other games, and you yourself won't be able to keep up making walkthroughs for one series as you'll also move on to other games. If you made a channel for walkthroughs in general, then you would broaden appeal, but also be able to do Kingdom Hearts walkthroughs. It's a win win for you and for your eventual viewers.

I'd also make sure you have your editing skills up to snuff. I don't see any videos on your channel yet, but you should adopt a no bullshit style that keeps your videos to the point. Don't spend 30 seconds with an intro, just get to the meat of the video. If you want to explain how to beat a boss, it should only be a two to three minute video at max. Including cutscenes and uneeded info will really hurt how many people watch your videos since many find that watching a video that's been padded for length is annoying.

Also, PLEASE don't sell yourself out on youtube. Don't do the sub4sub crap, fake thumbnails, rate 5 stars, subscribe, like this, thing. If your videos are good and content focused, you will get a legitimate fan base who will respect you and enjoy your videos (Yes, I watch Archfiend).

That's all the advice I can give you. Good luck, and enjoy youtube
smile.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forum Rules said:
Advertising & Requests

Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission. If permission is given members are required to provide the name of the staff member who allowed the advert in their post.

As long as the advert is non-obtrusive and does not contain links to warez of any kind, members may link to their own website, forum, or venture in their signature and profile ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la