Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
Bloodlust said:
anonymous_cactus said:
in the same boat as bloodlust (i think?)...

wiikeyv1 installed long time ago. I didn't realize the difference between IOS and CIOS I honestly havn't been following the scene in the past 8 months or so and havn't even played my wii at all I kept my system at 3.2U for the longest time until the other day.... tried to read up as much as I can but it wasn't until now I see the diference between IOS's and CIOS's

Updated according to instructions (minus the CIOS already installed part) because I wasn't on 3.3/3.4 at all which it mentioned instructions for, and I thought it involved softmods which I didn't think I needed since I have the wiikey... so I thought that step didn't apply to me, and I already had homebrew channel installed.... now that i've read through I realized this was a mistake.

I thought everything was perfect because all my previously installed wads worked off the SD card and all functions work, i can move back and forth without problems... but then i went to install new /wads and i get the error message that I can't install the ticket or whatever it is...

so now it seems like i'm stuck. I can run everything, I have all the 4.0 functions, all my PREVIOUS wads / virtual console things work, but I just can't put anything new on.

d'oh :-/

Not only that, any games which you patched with wiifri before won't work off the disc channel anymore. Neither can GOS help because the game will ALSO refuse to launch... fuck...

I can fix your wiis guys............installing the hacked IOS60 saved you................
smile.gif

It's currently 5am here, when i wake up i will post a solution for you guys o fix your wii's

I am really most grateful for having a solution so soon.. but mind if I make a suggestion for your system 4.0 hack guide?

-----------------------------------------------

Homebrew Channel installed already
*IOS249 rev7 or 8 (CIOS) installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card
Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater (Method 2 only) HERE

This .rar file DOWNLOAD (Contains IOS60 installer using IOS249 thanks to ppc_gba"no illegal files")

I overlooked the part where it says IOS249 & "Contains IOS60 installer using IOS249". Some people, like me will assumingly get confused, thinking that IOS249 rev7/8 & IOS60 installer using IOS249 is the same. It should therefore be made clear that these 2 are not the same.

By the time i botched and found out that I needed to install the ciosrev8installer, which I did so after the 4.0 update but failed naturally with [error ret -2011] from here : http://www.yafaze.com/wii/ciosrev8installer.rar, it was too late
frown.gif

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ agreed, thats the reason why i goofed it up, but now that i understand what everything is and their functions, it makes sense... but of course i didnt know what any of these numbers or acronyms were until yesterday, either so that didnt help much

-----

Sounds great if you have a fix though, I much appreciate it
biggrin.gif

** would following movieocuples instructions do any good for us, or no

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope Movies way wont work for you guys as Nintendo patched IOS16 in 4.0.

I will have a fix asap.......... i know what to do it's just taking time.

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no rush, i appreciate the help its much appreciated i shall wait patiently for the solution.... it was my bad for not taking all of the precautions and waiting like I should have to make 100% sure i was doing it right

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey all, havent been on again for a while so sorry for this question...

i still dont want to update to 4.00E but i DO want the sho channel.

if i use the ios60/61 thing but say no to both then say yes to install shop channel, will i JUST have the shop channel or will that not work?

thanks everyone, didn't see this question asked anywhere so i thought i'd ask lol

B

BryceOne

I tried this 4.0 update using the instructions.. Everything's working fine except for Gamecube games. It's just restarting the Wii. Was this tested by anyone else?

Should I install the mIOS patcher again?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
hey all, havent been on again for a while so sorry for this question...

i still dont want to update to 4.00E but i DO want the sho channel.

if i use the ios60/61 thing but say no to both then say yes to install shop channel, will i JUST have the shop channel or will that not work?

thanks everyone, didn't see this question asked anywhere so i thought i'd ask lol

No don't do that at all, The shop channel in that installer is NTSC only and not for european wii's................there is no way to get Euro channel wad atm.

You could update to 4.0 and use IOSdowngrader after to have eveything working.

YOU MUST HAVE CIOS INSTALLED BEFORE UPDATE

Posts merged

QUOTE(BryceOne @ Mar 28 2009, 09:34 PM) I tried this 4.0 update using the instructions.. Everything's working fine except for Gamecube games. It's just restarting the Wii. Was this tested by anyone else?

Yep re-install CMIOS and it'll be sweet

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol kk glad i asked then
tongue.gif

its alright, it shouldnt be to long untill the euro one is obtained right? besides that, i only wanna buy some wii points online coz its to late to go to a shop and buy em right now lol

cheers

can i just ask though, why cant the euro shop channel be gotten yet? should be he same shouldnt it? or am i missing a big thing here lol

B

BryceOne

kongsnutz said:
BryceOne said:
I tried this 4.0 update using the instructions.. Everything's working fine except for Gamecube games. It's just restarting the Wii. Was this tested by anyone else?

Yep re-install CMIOS and it'll be sweet

Perfect! Everything's working great along with the new SD features.. So happy we can even sort the games using A+B on the SD menu.. Very Cool Thanks!!!!

I also noticed something. It could be my imagination, but before I installed 4.0 I was transfering a few WiiWare titles (each approx 300 blocks) to my SD card. After I installed 4.0, I added a few more titles to SD card, and noticed they transfered SOOO much faster after 4.0 was installed.

nighdriss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the same guide to update to 4.0
after update gator 3g gives me a green screen on booting?
all i did before the update was install ios 60 then did the update

gladi8r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep,

Same as Bloodlust and Cactus. Wiikey, 3.2u, used method 1.
Since I got Madworld to work, I mistakenly assumed I had the correct IOS.
Can't install wads now, everything else works, including moved Wiiware.

Thanks for all the help btw.

Ruud91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hm..
frown.gif
no luck

everytime I use the 4.0 installer from waninkoko, it all installs well until the last part where it says: wii menu 4.0 it hangs on #112 (I thought) and then it goes back to my wii menu

My Wii:

Wii menu 3.3E (first version)
ios 2.49 and that ios 60 installed and the newest Cios rev08

Followed your guide, but it won't work.

Do you plz have any solution for me?

anino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nighdriss said:
I used the same guide to update to 4.0
after update gator 3g gives me a green screen on booting?
all i did before the update was install ios 60 then did the update

did you have cios (249) before upgrading? do you used the Gamma channel or the HBC to launch the game?
can you install WAD in 4.0?

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So happy we can even sort the games using A+B on the SD menu..
yes, this is awesome. takes a little while moving stufff around with as many games as I have, but its cool to have a Sonic page, a mario page, 2 wiiware pages, a "favorites" page, etc. etc. very nice to be able to sort them indeed
smile.gif

ToddlerTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
*IOS249 rev7 or 8 (CIOS) installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card

This .rar file DOWNLOAD (Contains IOS60 installer using IOS249 thanks to ppc_gba"no illegal files")
I've yet to see explained why you need the Homebrew Channel installed already. I've never installed it and I'd prefer not to. Isn't IOS249rev8 and IOS60 installer enough? Seems that's what is required for users who already updated to 4.0 to be able to install HBC, which also implies HBC isn't strictly required if all you want to do is run WAD Installer, which is all I've ever needed. What am I missing?

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToddlerTN said:
QUOTE said:
SD Card

I've yet to see explained why you need the Homebrew Channel installed already. I've never installed it and I'd prefer not to. Isn't IOS249rev8 and IOS60 installer enough? Seems that's what is required for users who already updated to 4.0 to be able to install HBC, which also implies HBC isn't strictly required if all you want to do is run WAD Installer, which is all I've ever needed. What am I missing?

Wow, I would never recommend updating without HBC. I'm really surprised that anyone would have a wad manager channel and no HBC. Technically you don't need it if you have wad manager, and all you want to do is install wads, but you could be putting yourself in bad position if you ever need it. I suppose you could always install the HBC if you found a wad for it.

also, you can't install IOS60 patched using this guide without HBC. You would have to find a wad for it, which is a little more difficult to find.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DON'T UPDATE WITHOUT HBC INSTALLED...........................you cannot install HBC once 4.0 is updated..........and you won't be able to fix most issues if you don't have it.

Mehod 1 and 2 both install the IOS61 and IOS60..........................these are needed by the new Menu and Shop channel.

IOS249rev8 and IOS36rev8 are the same thing , when IOS36rev8 gets installed it becomes IOS249 which is then used by 99% apps on wii to acces DVD rom drive or other features.

A SOLUTION FOR THOSE WHO INSTALLED IOS60 BUT DON'T HAVE IOS249rev8(IOS36rev8) INSTALLED IS COMING...................hold tight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to