Hacking My System menu 4.0 install guide

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone been able to install VC wads (Snes, nes, or N64) and successfully play them? i have all my Wiiware wads and Purchased VC games playing. i am stumped.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
I really a torn atm about this guide, on one side I want to do it VERY BADLY because I want to be able to use my Wii shop Channel again and my Wii Speak Channel again, but I don't want to do it because I lose my starfall previlages and I'm not sure if once your on 40u that you can downgrade back to 3.2u using the Oct23rd Fix guide...what should I do, I really wanna chat with my friends again but I don't wanna get a brick! *n00bish scream* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
wacko.gif
still need help deciding
sleep.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raziel5000 said:
anyone been able to install VC wads (Snes, nes, or N64) and successfully play them? i have all my Wiiware wads and Purchased VC games playing. i am stumped.

Yes everyone has been able too, as long as IOS60 is installed.

Install the wads using wad manager to wii, use the MOVE function on wii to send to SD if they still don't work you need to run them through Freethewads program first then try again.

@ Wiilurver

Use Method 2............ although both methods will allow downgrade later

@Bloodlust

sounds like CIOS isnt installed.................can you run backups or install wads to wii console.

ou cant just put wads on teh sd and run em, you gotta install to wii first and then move to the sd card using wii menu

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
Raziel5000 said:

Install the wads using wad manager to wii, use the MOVE function on wii to send to SD if they still don't work you need to run them through Freethewads program first then try again.

@ Wiilurver

@Bloodlust

sounds like CIOS isnt installed.................can you run backups or install wads to wii console.

ou cant just put wads on teh sd and run em, you gotta install to wii first and then move to the sd card using wii menu

Whatever, which CIOS do I need to install as my games which uses the trucha bug is fucked now...

And on top of that, my gecko is not able to launch any game at all. The disc channel is only capable of running those games which were not patched with wiifri..WTF

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
kongsnutz said:
Raziel5000 said:

@ Wiilurver

@Bloodlust

Whatever, which CIOS do I need to install as my games which uses the trucha bug is fucked now...

And on top of that, my gecko is not able to launch any game at all. The disc channel is only capable of running those games which were not patched with wiifri..WTF

If you are on 4.0 and dont have CIOS installed, you are screwed for now unfortunately.

I need you to test installing a wad on the wii system using wad manager, i'll help after that

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shasta588 said:
kedest said:
shasta588 said:
I haven't installed the homebrew channel yet and I updated to 4.0 already do I need to downgrade and how do I do that

You can't install a new Twillight Hack and HBC on a 4.0 Wii. So you also can't downgrade.
so I'm stuck with this?
Yes you're stuck.....unless they get a new hack, but I doubt they will.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shasta588 said:
kedest said:
shasta588 said:
I haven't installed the homebrew channel yet and I updated to 4.0 already do I need to downgrade and how do I do that

You can't install a new Twillight Hack and HBC on a 4.0 Wii. So you also can't downgrade.
so I'm stuck with this?

yes unfortunately...................one day they'll hack it though

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of my VC games work, I used freethewads still getting ERROR! (ret=-1022) or other VC games will install but not play. I installed using this tutorial 1st version in this thread then I tried using the autoloader from icefire's thread. I am clueless.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What You'll Need:

Homebrew Channel installed already
IOS249 rev7 or 8 (CIOS) installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card
Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater (Method 2 only) HERE

This .rar file DOWNLOAD (Contains IOS60 installer using IOS249 thanks to ppc_gba"no illegal files")
is this the exact same thing as the new IOS36 Rev 8 that fixes the error #002 prob, if so then I'm good to go but if not then what is it?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
Raziel5000 said:

@ Wiilurver

@Bloodlust

I can still run certain wii backups as long as it does not have the trucha bug. I can't install wads anymore. It returns an error of ret = -2011

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ wiiluver135

Yes its the same

@moviecouple

1 is recommended by me.............. as long as you have ios36rev8(CIOS) and HomeBrew channel installed before update it's all good

@Bloodlust

I'm sorry man, error 2011 means that CIOS isn't installed.........
frown.gif
i'm guessing you have a chip and never installed CIOS at all........... you are stuck untill someone hacks the wii...............unless you installed IOS60 from my guide before updating then theres still a glimmer of hope

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last CIOS I used was... Custom IOS Installer (v36 rev 08) by Waninkoko/WiiGator... the one that fixed the 001/002 errors. Installed through Homebrew Channel. Should be OK then, right?

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I'm about to do method 1 but I just have two question, what's the difference between the official Nintendo update and Waninkoko's 4.0 updater? aren't they like...exactly the same?
and finally is there a different way to block updates rather than starfall since it doesn't work on 4.0u?

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kongsnutz said:
1 is recommended by me.............. as long as you have ios36rev8(CIOS) and HomeBrew channel installed before update it's all good
Except trucha DVD from Disc Channel.
wink.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
@ wiiluver135

Yes its the same

@moviecouple

@Bloodlust

frown.gif
i'm guessing you have a chip and never installed CIOS at all........... you are stuck untill someone hacks the wii...............unless you installed IOS60 from my guide before updating then theres still a glimmer of hope

I did install the IOS60 update before updating to 4.0. So is there a solution?
frown.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
Last CIOS I used was... Custom IOS Installer (v36 rev 08) by Waninkoko/WiiGator... the one that fixed the 001/002 errors. Installed through Homebrew Channel. Should be OK then, right?

Yes thats the newest

QUOTE(wiiluver135 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:07 PM) ok I'm about to do method 1 but I just have one question, what's the difference between the official Nintendo update and Waninkoko's 4.0 updater? aren't they like...exactly the same?

No they aren't the same.

Waninkoko's only downloads the needed IOS files used by menu 4.0. Nintendo's downloads all the latest IOS files ............... Waninkoko's leaves the Trucha bug in old IOS files and Nintendo's doesn't.

Waninkoko's doesn't work on Jap wii's............. and Nintendo's works on all.

I suggest method 1 because it gives you all the newest ios files needed by newer games.

If you need trucha back after apdating using nintendo's updater, you can run IOSdowngrader (not CIOSdowngrader) to do it.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
kongsnutz said:
@ wiiluver135

Yes its the same

@moviecouple

@Bloodlust

frown.gif

I did install the IOS60 update before updating to 4.0. So is there a solution?
frown.gif

I need you to test this: (just do it and report results)

Move any VC/Wiiware/Channel (not official bought ones) installed using wad manager before the update to the sd card using the MOVE function in the wii memory system.

(Don't MOVE HBC as a test what ever you do)

see if you can run it now using the sd menu.

if you can i can develop a fix for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.