KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iqubal said:
Kongsnutz, your guide was excellent. I'm on 4.0 and can't thank you enough! Great stuff man

really glad to hear mate..........
smile.gif

NOTE: Front page has been edited with a some new notes you should read and a workaround for those who are getting stuck installing IOS60 with the patch.
smile.gif

(Big thanks to WiiBlaster)

climo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 3.4U and now 4.0U with HBC, and everything working including shop channel that wasn't working before. Kudos KONGSNUTZ!!!
grog.gif

IOS60 installed prior to the 4.0 update. Seems all is good!!

One thing...I'm still not clear on the use the SD menu. What sorts of things ie; apps, emulators? can we add to the SD card to show as channels? I dont have any VC or wii ware games yet. Might d'l some now that the shop channel works.

great job Kongsnutz!!
bow.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new.

Thank you very much for this guide, I would like to update to 4.0 using Method 1.
I have a question, though... Will the IOS60 installer work on System Menu 3.4U?

Here is what I have done to my Wii so far:
-Installed the Homebrew Channel with the Twilight Hack
-Installed IOS16.wad with Wad Manager 1.3
-Installed cIOS_249.wad with Wad Manager IOS16 1.3

I am not sure which revision my cIOS is, I got the wad from a pack I found online called "Wii Softmodding for Dummies v2.2.2."
Does anybody happen to know?

Another question: Can I remove IOS16 now that cIOS is installed?

Thanks
smile.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
climo said:
I was on 3.4U and now 4.0U with HBC, and everything working including shop channel that wasn't working before. Kudos KONGSNUTZ!!!
grog.gif

IOS60 installed prior to the 4.0 update. Seems all is good!!

One thing...I'm still not clear on the use the SD menu. What sorts of things ie; apps, emulators? can we add to the SD card to show as channels? I dont have any VC or wii ware games yet. Might d'l some now that the shop channel works.

great job Kongsnutz!!
bow.gif

Glad it worked for you man.

the sd thing can run any channel you have installed on wii to save room on the wii system.

I personally install everything on the sd now and only leave the follow in the wii.

HBC
Backuplauncher
Gecko Os Channel.

When you have installed a wad of a channel, simply go into the wii system memory and choose the channel you want to put on SD card and go MOVE....... it will then move it to SD and delet from wii system memory.

now you'll see it in the SD menu.

NOTE: i Dont suggest ever moving HBC just to be safe

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
Hello, I am new.

Thank you very much for this guide, I would like to update to 4.0 using Method 1.
I have a question, though... Will the IOS60 installer work on System Menu 3.4U?

Here is what I have done to my Wii so far:
-Installed the Homebrew Channel with the Twilight Hack
-Installed IOS16.wad with Wad Manager 1.3
-Installed cIOS_249.wad with Wad Manager IOS16 1.3

I am not sure which revision my cIOS is, I got the wad from a pack I found online called "Wii Softmodding for Dummies v2.2.2."
Does anybody happen to know?

Another question: Can I remove IOS16 now that cIOS is installed?

Thanks
smile.gif

You don't need to remove IOS16 or anything.
You already have a CIOS installed so you can go ahead with the update but i would just reinstall CIOSrev8 to make sure your on rev8 anyway.

Yes it'll work on any region Wii using Method 1

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
You don't need to remove IOS16 or anything.
You already have a CIOS installed so you can go ahead with the update but i would just reinstall CIOSrev8 to make sure your on rev8 anyway.

Yes it'll work on any region Wii using Method 1

Thank you again.

I am now confident enough to update
I will let you know how it goes.

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, rite now i am in the process of updating using Waninkoko's 4.0 updater... and it seems to be staying at" [+] Downloading "IOS38", Please wait.... >> Downloading content #6..." it is not moving.... it didn't give me an error yet as well..i hope it didnt freeze or anything...

EDIT: well after a while it errored on me iwth a (-1) or something

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clish said:
hey, rite now i am in the process of updating using Waninkoko's 4.0 updater... and it seems to be staying at" [+] Downloading "IOS38", Please wait.... >> Downloading content #6..." it is not moving.... it didn't give me an error yet as well..i hope it didnt freeze or anything...

It can take a while............make sure you have a good wifi connection.

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kongsnutz said:
Clish said:

i think my wifi to HBC is not good.... i keep getting (ref= -1) ..... not sure how to fix that.... is there a way to install it without downloading form the internet? like having a wad to do it?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clish said:
kongsnutz said:
Clish said:

i think my wifi to HBC is not good.... i keep getting (ref= -1) ..... not sure how to fix that.... is there a way to install it without downloading form the internet? like having a wad to do it?

There is no offline complete installer for 4.0. Just move your wii closer to the router and try again

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kongsnutz said:
Clish said:
kongsnutz said:
Clish said:

There is no offline complete installer for 4.0. Just move your wii closer to the router and try again

well i'll keep trying.. but it gets scary since i donno if the next restart will end in me seeing nothing but black
tongue.gif

anyhow thanks again

btw: is it rite to assume that as long as it doesn't error in the installation process i am safe? my rrors are when it is downloading.. so it dind't change anything yet rite?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep if the downloader fails your ok to restart or do whatever........ as long as the download works it won't fail.

So if it downloads all parts then you can safely continue the update, if it doesn't download all parts and errors.......your fine to keep trying.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
I need confirmation that wakikoko's updater will download the corrrect region firmware for the JPN Wii before I try it out.. anyone?
frown.gif

i have already told you mate
smile.gif

waninkoko's does not download the Jap FW......you will get a brick.

Use method 1 in my guide on first page

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. THIS WORKS!!!! Even if you updated wii with waninkoko's updater FIRST, installing IOS60 still works Thankyou kongsnutz, You made my day, err, night.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadClaw said:
All right. THIS WORKS!!!! Even if you updated wii with waninkoko's updater FIRST, installing IOS60 still works Thankyou kongsnutz, You made my day, err, night.

Hahha sweet , no probs MadClaw

cool name btw

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
Bloodlust said:
I need confirmation that wakikoko's updater will download the corrrect region firmware for the JPN Wii before I try it out.. anyone?
frown.gif

i have already told you mate
smile.gif

waninkoko's does not download the Jap FW......you will get a brick.

Use method 1 in my guide on first page

Before that, you recommended method 2 because you weren't aware that mine was a JPN Wii? Anyway, if I use method one would I have the bug of not be able to play the wiiware copied to the sdcard if it's not present on the Wii's memory? Thanks for warning me about Waninkoko's updater about this.
unsure.gif

I still must run IOS downgrader after the 4.0 update to retain trucha right? Isn't this a firmware downgrader? What are the steps for this app? Mine's a hard modded with wiikey so I can skip this step?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update failed to download for me
frown.gif
(Unreliable internet connection)
Oh well, I should probably stick with 3.4 for now anyway

Very helpful guide, though.
Thank you

Site & Scene News