Hardware My Switch gets very hot, is this ok?

Tinkerbell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of the original Switch consoles. When I am playing sometimes it gets very, very hot, is this normal? I have put up with it all this time but having found this forum I thought I would ask in the hope someone will know if this is a problem.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I have one of the original Switch consoles. When I am playing sometimes it gets very, very hot, is this normal? I have put up with it all this time but having found this forum I thought I would ask in the hope someone will know if this is a problem.

Check fan and make sure its spins up when Switch gets hot.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't I see another of your posts saying your switch is banned? If so, I'm guessing you have a hackable switch.

Use Tesla Overlay and Status Monitor to check your temps while playing. I usually max ~53c SoC when overclocking in handheld with graphics modded Outer Worlds after an hour of play. I believe 50c is the 'normal' max in handheld. Docked should be ~60c.

If you're interested, there's also a way to increase your fan speeds by changing some numbers in an ini file. This is the thread that put me on the right path. https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-fan-profiles.560071/#post-8979781

Notice it's for tskin, and not the SoC temp, but it still seems to help my OC temps a bit.

Last edited by TheCasualties,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-