Hacking My Supercard Lite came!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my review sample from Shop01 just right now. I have taken a few pics, I will put those up at request. I will do a full review once my TransFlash from NewEgg comes and my SuperKey from KickTrading comes.

I already tried stuffing it in my DSLite, and it is a very tight fit, unfortunatly. It took me a while to take it out just to take some pictures...

EDIT: oh and it's hard only to take out, it's pretty easy to put it in.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't take it out. you just stick it in there the one time, then leave it. It becomes part of the DS.
tongue.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you enjoy it! I have my review sample coming from SuperCardStore.com tomorrow along with a regular SanDisk 1GB microSD. I also ordered a SanDisk Ultra II 1GB microSD from newegg.com to do comparisions between memory on the SuperCard Lite. I will also be doing a big review comparing everything from the old SuperCard series with the Lite and different memory cards. I hope it comes tomorrow anyway!
wink.gif

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to give the review sample back you know. We don't keep these as they are just for testing. Companies are nice enough to lend the products to reviewers so that we can give insight to other potential buyers. It also helps their store as they get credit for supplying the product for testing. Some companies let you keep their products but that’s a small few and its usually bigger corporations.

FifthE1ement

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my review will be more homebrew oriented rather than YARR oriented, I mean you see tons of people asking "how do I get emulators working" and "how do I get Moonshell working?", my review will mainly shed some light on those subjects. I will cover commercial games, though.

EDIT: At F1fth:

I get to keep my review/dev sample. Think about it, what good is a dev sample if I can't test stuff on it because you had to send it back?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One thing I want to mention is that it does NOT stick out. If it looks like it sticks out, then you can still push it in a little bit farther to get complete flush-a-tivity.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, nice pic Linkiboy! I hate when M3 people slam the SuperCard Lite as they are just jealous that M3 is taking forever! lol
nyanya.gif

FifthE1ement

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG, my Superkey was supposed to be here today but the mailman got lazy(or something) and just stuffed a note in my mailbox to pick it up at the post office instead of knocking on my door >_>

vicfalc09

Trophies
XP
Country
are you guys getting these "sample" ones for free and if so how did you work out that deal, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was for advertising them on LieroDS and DSWF as well as offering a review to put on multiple sites.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how much memory goes for in canada....but that doesn't seem like a good price to people here in the US. I just purchased 4 sandiskultra II 1 gig microsds from newegg for $49.99 USD each....that's a much faster card than the standard sandisk one and if this website is in canadian dollars (I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt)...it still converts to ~$53 in USD.....so no it's not a good deal to me....maybe it is in Canada.

johnnyafc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ordered Mine From CheapMod.net - fantastic came within 2 days
biggrin.gif
Tight Fit, Tight as a Scotts Wallet
biggrin.gif
- once in it wont come out (without a Crow bar)
tongue.gif

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how much memory goes for in canada....but that doesn't seem like a good price to people here in the US. I just purchased 4 sandiskultra II 1 gig microsds from newegg for $49.99 USD each....that's a much faster card than the standard sandisk one and if this website is in canadian dollars (I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt)...it still converts to ~$53 in USD.....so no it's not a good deal to me....maybe it is in Canada.

Hey, thanks for the advice! But I was merely wondering if its a good card for my intended purpose (homebrew, emulation, etc), price is something I will deal with if it means I get it sooner.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe it'll be fine. I got the Ultra II's just in case because everytime I buy any memory from Sandisk, I figure the $10 extra is worth the speed boost so I never get the regular versions. From what I've been seeing from other people's experience, the normal card should run without a hitch as well.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe it'll be fine. I got the Ultra II's just in case because everytime I buy any memory from Sandisk, I figure the $10 extra is worth the speed boost so I never get the regular versions. From what I've been seeing from other people's experience, the normal card should run without a hitch as well.

Awesome, thanks brother. I'm also thinking about maybe just getting a 512 Kingmax stick. Not sure what my best option is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-