Hacking My Rant On Gateway

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Butthurt that someone has a negative (albeit misguided) opinion of gateway. Just because he doesnt own it doesnt make him any less entitled to an opinion.

What 3ds games are that cheap? Sorry, but I don't count bargain bin games that no one cares about.
But no one is saying "Hey! Go buy a Gateway3DS right now! It's like the most amazing thing ever!" - If anyone even asks if they should get one, they are pointed to free alternatives that exist, to save them money. Like, what was the reason for stating his opinion?

If he was trying to warn us about not using Gateway A9LH FastBoot, I could sort of kind of maybe understand. But we've already had threads and blogs explaining why that's a bad idea. And anytime anyone tries to use GW-A9LH, they're quickly shown the community version of A9LH and a working workaround to use GW on the community A9LH solution.

And any bargain bin 3DS game has a private header. For Sky3DS and Gateway3DS owners, that's all that they need.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
your not forced to use .3ds files online, you can use cia files if you feel safer that way......but again people are arguing asif we are trying to convert people to the cult of gateway......personally i dont care what cfw/setup people are using,a aslong as it works for them and they are happy with it then leave 'em to it

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I really hate Gateway. From their shitty practices, like the brick code, to go as far as to suggest they invented "Gateway Fastboot", implying A9LH is just a copy, to not even being able to copypasta code properly, to removing safety checks..... really. The code's open-source, why can't they even copypasta?

I really hate it.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the gw served me quite well, but right now i rarely have any use of it.
(because there is a9lh+luma now, my gw has been sleeping long ago..)

but i guess i will just keep it around, just in case..

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
What a waste of hate.....nothing better to hate????

I really luuuuuuve my gateway....
So, you love their shitty practices? Brick code? Copypasting code and calling it their own?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
you don't have gateway and you rant on it,sweet.

many people who bought gateway when other CFW wasn't available.
the brick code was designed to protect their product,that's ok,i don't hate them for it.

the only thing i don't approve if someone is going to buy gateway this days,why waste $80 on that thing to play backups?
also if you want it for cheating only and and want to buy it now,the price is not justified,maybe sell the gateway cart without microSD slot just to boot to GW mode to use the cheat and they priced it for $30,then maybe it's a good thing?

Last edited by aos10,

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yep..... I admire them...... I made a little shrine and burn a candle for them.... praying that they will live forever!!!

Get a life!!!!! The world is a mess, people killing each other for their god, oil and drugs. Wild animal population is in danger. Allready 4 great catsspecies are extinct for their so called healing properties..... and you 'hate' gateway???? Stupid!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
you don't have gateway and you rant on it,sweet.

many people who bought gateway when other CFW wasn't available.
the brick code was designed to protect their product,that's ok,i don't hate them for it.

the only thing i don't approve if someone is going to buy gateway this days,why waste $80 on that thing to play backups?
also if you want it for cheating only and and want to buy it now,the price is not justified,maybe sell the gateway cart without microSD slot just to boot to GW mode to use the cheat and they priced it for $30,then maybe it's a good thing?
You don't blame them for the brick code? Hell, such a feature could and DID get some users of the legit Gateway to brick. What about those who own a Gateway AND a clone? There are limits to what they can do. Ofc, the device being shady in the first place, you can't really go complain to anyone, but...

It was too much, and affected even people who had no idea they had a clone, or what the Gateway is.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
yep..... I admire them...... I made a little shrine and burn a candle for them.... praying that they will live forever!!!

Get a life!!!!! The world is a mess, people killing each other for their god, oil and drugs. Wild animal population is in danger. Allready 4 great catsspecies are extinct for their so called healing properties..... and you 'hate' gateway???? Stupid!
Oh, right. If the world is a mess,should you not be offline trying to change it instead of spending time in an online forum? Also,do you imply that minor problems can just be ignored if there are major problems that are unrelated to the matter and may not affect you either? Out of any argument you could have made, that is by far the most hypocritical one you could have picked, considering you yourself are online instead of fighting injustice or whatever.

So now I can't hate on more than one thing at the same time? Stupid! That's what I would say. Do not look down on others when your argument's so weak.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really hate Gateway. From their shitty practices, like the brick code

Shitty ?Maybe. Effective ?Oh yes, all clones have died, even that joke of a supercard clone, after all the wait all they could come up was a way to emulate gateway mode. What a joke. I love Gateway for doing that, this is a black market, there are no rules or morals here, they can do whatever the hell they want to their competitors.

to go as far as to suggest they invented "Gateway Fastboot", implying A9LH is just a copy

It's in your head, they're not implying anything.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shitty ?Maybe. Effective ?Oh yes, all clones have died, even that joke of a supercard clone, after all the wait all they could come up was a way to emulate gateway mode. What a joke. I love Gateway for doing that, this is a black market, there are no rules or morals here, they can do whatever the hell they want to their competitors.

Brickway A9LH was worst thing ever...

Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: jupitersj

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i actually for better or worse like gateway no shit attitude, was kinda refreshing in todays sugar coated world, kinda help wake people up to the fact they were dealing with what was essentially crooks, i guess people got too accustomed to thinking of some happy china man sayin "we much liking your customs pleased make sure you buy tuna R4 card with the hammer truth code checker"

Last edited by gamesquest1,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

They did imply it, with their wording. Not to mention Gateway DID brick some legit GW users. Not on purpose, but it still affected them.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of the people that hate Gateway probably:

1. Got bricked while using a clone (Gateway did pull quite a sh%#ty move)
2. Are impatient (like me) and dread the wait between updates.
3. Never owned the cart and feel empowered that they are using the free CFW (alternative)
4. Own a Sky3DS

I am guilty of #2 but outside of some serious bitching in which I state they should keep a lid on any update info until a release is really SOON, I am very happy with my Gateway and I even picked up a couple here on the Trading Area for $30 each so I can keep 1 in each of my 3 units. Nobody on these forums will go out of their way to tell anyone to buy a Gateway, but bashing a product that still functions on par with the alternatives after 3+ years deserves a little recognition.

Last edited by stl25,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Alot of the people that hate Gateway probably:

1. Got bricked while using a clone (Gateway did pull quite a sh%#ty move)
2. Are impatient (like me) and dread the wait between updates.
3. Never owned the cart and feel empowered that they are using the free CFW (alternative)
4. Own a Sky3DS

I am guilty of #2 but outside of some serious bitching in which I state they should keep a lid on any update info until a release is really SOON, I am very happy with my Gateway and I even picked up a couple here on the Trading Area for $30 each so I can keep 1 in each of my 3 units. Nobody on these forums will go out of their way to tell anyone to buy a Gateway, but bashing a product that still functions on par with the alternatives after 3+ years deserves a little recognition.
Huh, I did not brick - however, I hate them for the shitty business move (bricking users? Many didnt even know they had a clone) that DID affect some legit users.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you find it acceptable if Microsoft added code to Windows that wiped the system BIOS (effectively bricking the PC) if it detected you were using a pirated copy?

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol