My R4i-SDHC silver is corrupted, need help setting it up

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jmido, Nov 10, 2012.

1. jmido
    OP

Member jmido GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought a R4iSDHC silver card in China and it worked for a little but after I added a few new games, the memory card was corrupted and now the card doesn't work. I tried bringing it back to the place I bought it but they're pretending like I didn't buy it from their store and want me to buy one of their cards instead (that's china for you lol).

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how I configure it myself but I'v never done this type of stuff before. I have a R4i SDHC silver card, the website on the box is www.r4sdhc.com. I downloaded the 3DS V4.4.0-10 Upgrade Firmware and English Kernel but I'm not sure what to do now or how to install them. The memory card is completely blank.

I have a 3DS with the latest updates. Any help would be great! Thanks.

2. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    First of all you can't update the card to the latest firwmare cause you have the latest 3DS firmware on.
    Find a lower version 3DS or DSLite DS Phat etc. any kind od DS.

The next thing to do is to downlaod the stuff u need from the site, and u did that.

Third,format the SD Card with this program http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-31-windows-f27344.html
    Format Type FULL Overwrite and Format Size Adjustment ON

Forth,extrack the stuff u downloaded and copy it to the SD card.

Then insert it in the R4i SDHC turn on the DS and install the update.

3. jmido
    OP

Member jmido GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks, I'll have to ask around and find someone with an older ds. Does the other DS have to be english also?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    No, DS stuff is region-free.