My R4DS - Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jasonage, Jul 20, 2008.

Jul 20, 2008

My R4DS - Real or Fake? by Jasonage at 5:29 PM (2,758 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Jasonage
    OP

Member Jasonage GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok, I'm sorry for ANOTHER fake R4DS thread, but I've checked all the guides.

Now the guides mention only one microchip under the sticker if its fake, But there are two black ones side by side. I have the 1.18 and my DS has not been bricked yet. But is it fake?

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    mhm

check the internals of the R4 first !

probably you can try and check the back of the R4 ( opposite side of sticker ) then check all the chips there !

then compare it with the on here from GBAtemp

[​IMG]

that way you can see if the internals of your R4 is different from theirs ,
    if yours is different it is definately a fake .

but with your description it sounds fake since i have never heard of a R4 with 2 chips on the front ?

and also what version R4 is yours ? V1 or V2 . Cause V2 is with curves and V1 is with no curves

hope that helps

- Holt

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    THERES LOADS OF POSTS ON THIS ALREADY!!!

please search before posting thank you [​IMG]

theres a link in my signature with a guide how to check your R4 [​IMG]

4. Splych

Philippines
    i was looking for that link ^^

try making a thread with those except same pictures koby then after that post the internals too ^^

too improve it ! the outside isnt the only thing that will show the truth [​IMG]

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

firstly ...not everyone is willing to take their card apart no matter how simple it maybe ...

note from experience some clones (a couple of R4 ADVANCE clone cards) I have seen at least the better ones are sealed or glued closed so opening them is not an easy task anyhow it may lead to breaking/splitting the card to get it open [​IMG]

feeling for the chip on the front under the sticker is a quicker safer option and easy to do along with checking out the sticker graphic details [​IMG]

second I'm not going to make yet another R4 thread here unless asked to do so by moderator/admin the link will suffice as one of the first threads here on r4 card authenticity with a lot of user images posted there ... but thanks for the advice [​IMG]

6. Splych

Philippines
    evil cloners gluing it shut T_T

aww that would've been the perfect idea ^^

lawl then just post the real R4 Internals then ! then after just show them the back instead ?

you won't have to pull the sticker off what so ever but you will just take the back off carefully so the front half of the shell is still there but the back half is gone to see the internals ?

how bout that ?

7. Jasonage
    OP

Member Jasonage GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Found a better way to describe it. Half of the card ont he front shows the microchips etc, but th eother half is covered in plastic

8. Splych

Philippines
    now that's a better explanation ^^