Gaming My PSP was stolen and looking to buy a new one...

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I get a 3000 or a 2000?

I had a 2000 before and it was hacked and working fine. From what I've read.. 3000s can't be hacked like the one I had. And even if you do hack them with what they have-- it all goes away after a reboot.

I also know some 2000s can't be hacked.. so I'm curious which I should buy to replace my lost one.

I found this one.. but I'm not sure how to tell if it's got a mobo that can be hacked..

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/PopupPr...px?sku=A1320879

Any help would be great. =)

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I recommend buying a PSP-1000 (a.k.a. PSP Phat) because it's easier to find which are hackable, and the cheapest price (about 80 to 120 U.S. dollars). Don't buy a PSP-2000 (a.k.a. PSP Slim) because it's harder to find which are hackable. Buy a used PSP-1000 at eBay or some video game stores (online or in-stores).

théo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you try eBay? I'm pretty sure you can find one for cheap in great conditions. I bought a new PSP - 1000 Ceramic White Value Pack for $193.50 in eBay last year.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. forgot to mention I'm not really a fan of used items because people don't know how to take care of their stuff. Which is why I posted the link to a new 2000.

I had my PSP for a little over a year and didn't have any scratches or scuffs or anything. It looked the same as when I took it out of the packaging. Used ones are always all messed up somehow.

I also liked the feel of the 2000. The 1000s are easily hackable.. but they're old and outdated, big and bulky. I'd rather a 2000 or 3000 (this is why I didn't ask about a 1000) if it's possible to find out which ones are hackable.

EDIT:
I found a PSP-2001PB/ 08510 model. Is there any way to check the model numbers to see if it's a hackable model or not?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Some people report good luck in finding White 2000s that are hackable, but I'd stay away from a new piano black.

In terms of bundles, anything but the 2000's Madden bundle is hackable (people claim that some of the madden PSPs are hackable, but most people weren't able to).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yeah.. forgot to mention I'm not really a fan of used items because people don't know how to take care of their stuff

YES. Nuff said. I bought a slim on ebay that the guy said was mint condition, the photo I was sent was nice too, it looked really clean. Get the damn thing, and its beat up as fuck. The back looked like it got rubbed across cement or something. *shudder*

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my PSP-2000 slightly used, that is, new and preloaded with 5.50 GEN-B from a certified modder in person. If you can find such a model, it will likely be marked up (mine was $229), but if you want a new PSP and really don't want to take the chance of ending up with a tamper-proof model or at least one that can't produce the Pandora battery, I think it's worth it.

Nonuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought mine pre-modded for $150 (PSP 2000) in brand new condition.

It's just that you need to find the right seller.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can point me in the direction of this right seller? Or maybe link to a new one that is hackable?

Doesn't necessarily need to be pre-hacked because I can do it myself.. I'm just having trouble locating one that can be hacked.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
Anyone can point me in the direction of this right seller? Or maybe link to a new one that is hackable?

Doesn't necessarily need to be pre-hacked because I can do it myself.. I'm just having trouble locating one that can be hacked.

Try to get a new Star Wars value pack on ebay. I purchased one, brand new as stated, only two or so months ago for $190. With shipping it turned out to be what a brand new one would have been in the store at the time anyway. Fully hackable of course, and one hell of a unit.

I purchased it as a spare because I can see that someday in the future it will be near impossible to find one new. I keep this one packaged away in safe keeping, while using my fully hacked and mint Madden PSP. I purchased that one as a first batch, and the first batch of these nice blue units were hackable via Pandora as well. But, you are better off going with one that you *know* can be hacked. I can say any SW bundle or GoW bundle would suffice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Can't forget me fr +1