PS1/2 my ps2 broke

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so yesterday was my best friend's birthday but i came 5 hours early so we played, i softmodded their wii etc...
so then i borrowed a few stuff since he has a crapload of videogames he doesn't use anymore (SSBB,eyetoy play3 and pokemon silver)
so when i returned from the party i played with eyetoy for like 15 minutes and today morning my sister played for over an hour.
then i wanted to have a kh1 sephiroth battle, but hell i have to press the x button very hard to get it work and the o and triangle buttons don't work whatever i do, i tried to play ff7 with a psx controller and it worked,so i tried to play kh2 but in the main menu there is no sound and i takes like 15 seconds to bring the ''load'' screen and then when i load my save or make a new games i get a black sceen and same result for kh re:com, i tried DoC ff7 but it didn't read it and said insert a playstation 1 or playstation 2 disc
tried my retail kh1 and ratchet and clank 2 and i still have the buttons issue, god all of them worked before putting that damn game and camera.
please what do i have to do, i can't afford losing my dear ps2 slim, there are still many games i just burned i want to play (kh2 fm translated, or PSU since my retail disk didn't want to work anymore, and ffX/X-2/XII)
is it some kind of ap by sony?
is there anyway to fix it?
please help
cry.gif
my ps2 is my favourite home console i don't have many games to play on my wii anymore please
cry.gif

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
adjust laser pot for dvd don't turn to far through....also clean laser lens >_>

(did you try another controller and is it 3rd party based
tongue.gif
)

(is it over heating at all? and is it a ps2 slim 7000X or 9000x ?)

(SCRATCHED disks by the way.... clean with soft cloth then if there are lots of deep scratches use braso to polish them but only if you have to as its like sandpaper...tooth paste fix never works to me....)

Haugh645

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion is 1st try a second ps2 controller even though it is rare they can fail. If no change with that new controller i would recommend checking the ribbon cable from the port to the motherboard to make sure it is making good connection.

2nd for the laser i would check to make sure there is no dirt or hair on the lens of the laser. If there is take a qtip and VERY VERY GENTLY remove the dust. If it still happens its either your disks are scratched or the laser is failing.

3rd for the sound make sure your a/v cable is secured. If you have basic knowledge of electronics check the solder joints on the a/v connecter for any breaks "dont try if you dont know how".

Hope this helps alittle.

Ace Overclocked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haugh645 said:
My suggestion is 1st try a second ps2 controller even though it is rare they can fail. If no change with that new controller i would recommend checking the ribbon cable from the port to the motherboard to make sure it is making good connection.

2nd for the laser i would check to make sure there is no dirt or hair on the lens of the laser. If there is take a qtip and VERY VERY GENTLY remove the dust. If it still happens its either your disks are scratched or the laser is failing.

3rd for the sound make sure your a/v cable is secured. If you have basic knowledge of electronics check the solder joints on the a/v connecter for any breaks "dont try if you dont know how".

Hope this helps alittle.
1. i didn't try since i don't have a second, gonna buy one right now
2. i tried to remove the dust but i forgot to test, gonna edit this later
3. the sound works fine on other games it's just kh2

Ace Overclocked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MSaki said:
adjust laser pot for dvd don't turn to far through....also clean laser lens >_>

(did you try another controller and is it 3rd party based
tongue.gif
)it's the controller that came with the ps2, 1st party

(is it over heating at all? and is it a ps2 slim 7000X or 9000x ?)7000X and it's kinda hot but not too much

(SCRATCHED disks by the way.... clean with soft cloth then if there are lots of deep scratches use braso to polish them but only if you have to as its like sandpaper...tooth paste fix never works to me....)they're not really scartched and they worked before one day or so
replied in the quote
also DoC ff7 didn't work but after cleaning it worked, but now kh2 doesn't load at all 0.0
also the slowdowns that i had disappeared
edit: kh1/recom work too now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ defibeep: any mods available to help, I can't post a new thread about my switch issue