kellyan95

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My PC finally realized that there is no point to its existence and tried to kill itself.....should I click Ok or Cancel?!

(It also tried to take the whole of Creation with it, by dividing by 0!)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would have been nice to not be linked to a thumbnail ( http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9075/divideby0xlu4.jpg )

Still pull up the task manager (ctrl alt and delete) so as to be able to create a new task (under file menu) and press OK on the life is over box (both will do the same thing as far as you are concerned).

Afterwards if explorer does not appear again just type explorer in the run box and press OK. 5 seconds later and you should be good again.

I must say however I have not seen this error before in many years of windows usage.

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find it hard to believe that there would be a bug in Windows.

Anyway, just close it. Explorer.exe should restart itself automatically if it has to be closed.
rofl2.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I must say however I have not seen this error before in many years of windows usage.
Welcome to Visual Studio C++. After installing that, every program that crashes pulls up a debug/cancel window. It'll drive you nuts.

I'd say it's an odd error too, but given the identity of the topic starter and the forum section the phrase "creative" springs to mind...

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

My PC finally realized that there is no point to its existence and tried to kill itself.....should I click Ok or Cancel?!

(It also tried to take the whole of Creation with it, by dividing by 0!)
I realized that a long time ago.
But, I'm too afraid of the pain that I associate with death to end it myself...

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...