My PC-98 translation projects

Segger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course! You can play it on PSP via Neko Project 2: it has very good compatibility, very fast gameplay and near perfect sound. In contrast with Retroarch PSP, using NP2 core, the games are too slow and unplayable.
Pictured below: Dead of the Brain, a legendary horror-VN recently translated into english, which I highly recommend.

Oh damn nice. I didn't realize NP2 was fast or stable.

Welp, you’ve spurred me into purchasing a :psp: USB charge cable and a new crappy Chinesium battery for it. I haven’t played my it in over a year since I couldn’t find the charger and was pretty disappointed with the battery life I was getting anyway. Maybe I’ll just charge off a power bank when it gets low this time .

Dead of the Brain is such a dumb sounding title but the premise sounds fun, horror VNs tend to be pretty gripping. I’ll definitely check it out if my PSP still works fine, hoping I didn’t fry it by using the wrong charger at some point.. :unsure:

Reactions: Nikokaro

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
not sure if there’s a PC-98 core available for them, if anyone has one I’d be interested in hearing if these translations run.
I am running YU-NO on my RG351P with no issues.

But don't expect a lot of PC-98 games to be translated.

BabaJeanmel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Holy Girl Force Lakers is now complete and available for download!

Download it from here.

NP2_0000.png

Nikokaro

the most valuable game... is that of our life
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks buddy, you made some nerds (including me) happy. 🤣
It works great on my dear PSP. Beautiful and unforgettable bgms, nostalgic anime artwork, but the gameplay is very, too slow: too bad. Then again, games from that era are all like that: they require a lot of patience. 😅

1653125775174.jpg

BabaJeanmel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fast battle mode can speed up the gameplay a bit. Dunno if it's viable on psp, but no wait mode can be of help, too.
The full game, vn parts included, takes 7-8 hours to finish.

Reactions: Nikokaro

BabaJeanmel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, sorry but it's very unlikely. It would need some pretty complex hacking, along with a full revision of the script (some pc-98 lines are different from the Saturn version, and the Saturn script is the one that's dubbed).

I've planned a little maintenance update for Yu-No, though. And also one for Lakers, as there are a couple formatting errors and typos remaining in both games.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NeoGaming @ NeoGaming: i'm back