Hacking My Nintendo Switch is banned but I can still make a System Update...

Burorī

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got banned a while ago by updating to 6.0.1 and I can't play online, update my legit games or even go to the eShop, but somehow I can still update the firmware.
(I updated to 6.1.0 without any problems and I accidentally updated to 6.2.0 because I mashed the A button while launching a game and it asked me to update)

Can someone explain to me why this happened ?

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Banned users have been reporting that too... apparently shitendo lifted (temporarily) the cdn bans so users could update to this fw that marks the beginning of a cat and mouse game. So you could no longer use cfw

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Banned users have been reporting that too... apparently shitendo lifted (temporarily) the cdn bans so users could update to this fw that marks the beginning of a cat and mouse game. So you could no longer use cfw
Please explain Shitendo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 via Tapatalk

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone ever be online with hacked systems? You have no one but yourself to blame for bricking your Switch.

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I mean killing off his CFW and ensuring he can't play legit cartridge games in the near future since they'll likely require 6.2.0 or higher. I guess he can still play old games.

Still, why ever go online with a hacked system?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I mean killing off his CFW and ensuring he can't play legit cartridge games in the near future since they'll likely require 6.2.0 or higher. I guess he can still play old games.

Still, why ever go online with a hacked system?
Still not understanding how it would be "bricked" did you mean banned?
I go online for FTP. Lots of people don't give 2 shits if they get banned from Nintendo's KFC bucket servers.

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people with banned consoles are falling victim to this trickery. They are assuming that since they are banned that an update from Nintendo won't magically appear for them to accidentally update. So they don't bother to enable stealth mode or redirect their DNS.

So now all these banned consoles are finding themselves on a now unhackable firmware leaving the console nearly useless.

It wouldn't be so bad if the big N left the console unbanned so at least the owners have the option of going legit from here on out. But nope,

Reactions: CuriousTommy

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So they don't bother to enable stealth mode or redirect their DNS.
I've been reading reports of people getting hit with the update, despite having stealth mode on or having 90DNS.

If this is true, then Nintendo is being sneaky, and is probably using a non-blacklisted domain to hit people using those tools.

Hello all, I got updated to 6.2.0 because I saw the prompt to download in CFW and I had stealth mode on. I figured I'd stop getting the prompt by just hitting A, it unfortunately didn't work... So I tried holding power down but it was too late.
90DNS this dont work and will still update the switch to 6.2 it did to me so 90DNS Dont do Shit
Same thing just happened to me bacause i was trying the switch lan-play or something, though i have 90dns input on my dns settings, the switch updated the firmware. i thought that 90 dns prevents the system to connect on nintendo servers?

I personally don't trust such solutions and delete my wifi settings

Last edited by bundat,
Reactions: Inaki

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't trust such solutions and delete my wifi settings

Me too. With an accidental 6.2 update being close to an end game I am not risking it. People who swear by stealth mode and DNS think IM crazy, but I would rather be crazy and have a fully useful modded Switch than the alternative.

Reactions: Inaki

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not understanding how it would be "bricked" did you mean banned?
I go online for FTP. Lots of people don't give 2 shits if they get banned from Nintendo's KFC bucket servers.

I would give two shits since there is no way to opt out of firmware upgrades on Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...