spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
I were referring to you implying that he should switch to *nix.
Also, never happened to me or anyone I know so really its nothing to worry about.

If anything, switching to a unix environment would be an upgrade. Sadly third party support is not great because companies like their proprietary old OSes, like Windows XP, and proprietary office suites, Microsoft Office. Some enforce usage of other proprietary software that is not available on unix systems, which is very sad.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
If anything, switching to a unix environment would be an upgrade. Sadly third party support is not great because companies like their proprietary old OSes, like Windows XP, and proprietary office suites, Microsoft Office. Some enforce usage of other proprietary software that is not available on unix systems, which is very sad.
Exactly, hence "downgrade". There's a reason why people use Windows ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Popularity? Games?
Only sane reasons really.

EDIT: Oh wait. Forgot Office.

Microsoft Office has an OS X port. Then again, OS X is still pretty closed and feels less bloated, but more limited than Winblows. This is turning into OS war which I don't want to get into. The past few posts were pointless and aren't contributing to what OP asked, so I'll stop here. Sorry, OP.

On-topic:

Since I don't do a lot of gaming on PC, only emulation of old systems, a GPU isn't that important to me, but if you're going to do other stuff on that laptop, OP, which I believe you already bought, try tweaking with power settings so it isn't very power-hungry. My old laptop was great and all, but whenever I used the AMD GPU on it, it got pretty hot very fast.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a really nice laptop if I dare say so. Though as is the case with a lot of laptop GPUs that 960M is quite a bit weaker than actual 9xx series GPUs.

im not so sure about that, its ran everything I have thrown at thus far at max settings, everything from the new Assassins creed syndicate to the Dolphin and PS2 emulators :D I also had them for free over clock the GPU and CPU :D

Last edited by Centrix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist