My Motherboard

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by baffle-boy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. baffle-boy
    OP

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    So, I'm just starting to learn about the guts of computers (so im a complete noob) and i had some questions about the immensely old motherboard my computer is running on... essentially i wanted to learn the names of the port/chips on it (i can figure out their functions myself). so i just took some pictures of the motherboard, and will now post them!
    [​IMG]
    thats the whole thing...
    [​IMG]
    close up of the left side.
    [​IMG]
    right side.

yeeaaaah, it would be really cool if people could tell me what the ports are (describe them by colour?) i especially want to what the brown and orange slots are, and what some of those pins are (all usb but different sizes?)

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    1337 paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Joe missed one. The brown one looks like a PCI-e x1 slot.

Additionally, all of this can be found in the actual manual for the board. Do people not look at manuals anymore?

4. Lee79

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
  5. baffle-boy
    OP

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    WOW! i cant believe anyone actually painted labels! thatnks so much joe88! (i was going to ask for that but i thought it would be selfish), and thanks a lot to you too lee79 the brown one was the one thing i had NO IDEA what it was... oh, wait, what is the tiny purple one in-between-and-to-the-left-of the two bottom pci slots? usb?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice