Hacking My Modded Polar DS

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
After lots of thinking and researching, I've decided to try to mod my Polar White DS and see what will I come up with..

I got myself a clear transparent case, and decided to mix my original case with this one, rather than change it completely..This way I would get more unique look, and actually it looks better this way to me..
I had few trouble points in this progress of mixing, but I spent one whole day in researching, reading guides and watching videos..Tried to learn what would be most painfull parts to deal with, and where do I have to be most careful..
I had little experience with tech. stuff, and taking things a part, but never something such complex as Nintendo DS Lite..
I took myself one whole day to do it, without no rush, and after few hours of very careful work, this is what I came up with:

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06140.jpg

DSC06144.jpg

Fixated.jpg

I would like to hear your opinions, what do you think about it, and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer..

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Gman 101 said:
Nice stuff there! How long did it take for you to get it all together (actual hours)?

It took me about one and a half hour to swap everything and put it together..And than additional two!! hours to get shoulder buttons right, I wanted to put clear ones (it would fit better, but i couldn't get it right to work), after two hours, I realized that clear ones doesn't fit good with white outer shell (they would work if I decided to make everything clear, but they weren't fit with white shell)..After I decided to go with white shoulder buttons, I managed to put it together in 5 minutes..
So, this all experience took me about 4 hours..

Curley: Only thing that actually bothers me is that empty space around right speaker..But I find my Lite now very unique and great..I'm very satisfied and happy now..

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pretty.. well.. pretty! And very encouraging to read your report, thank you very much.
I had been thinking about the same thing, this might just be the kick in the rear-end that I needed!

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@ sepinho: well, I was thinking for a long time should I do it or not, I was bit afraid to open it..But, I said, what a heck, lets give it a shot and see what will I come up with..
It really isn't that hard, just take your time..and research a lot!! There are few VERY useful guides and one particular video I find very good (You can find it on youtube, it's split in four parts)..

@ BlueStar: I did try to make the photos attractive too..So it would all be well presented..

@ BortzANATOR: Good idea, maybe it would even work if I didn't live in this country I live in..Shipping prices from here are big, and that's just one of the problems I would come to if I'd try something like that..(besides, Nintendo DS is pretty expensive to buy here-220$, and when importing it just isn't that easy to do)..But maybe one day, who knows..

@ Upperleft: Nice you noticed..I have few more designs..But for now I use this one..I really like that retro feel i get when I see it..and it looks cool to me..

Thank you all for kind words..I'm glad you like it, and you see this as a brave act (I needed bravery when I was about to begin
wink2.gif
)..
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.