My little sister updated my Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Rabada34, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Rabada34
    OP

Rabada34 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    France
    Hello, all is in the title, i would like to know if I can still install games with WUP Installer please.. I saw that Haxchi still work..

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Do you have Haxchi or CBHC installed? If you do, then you're fine. If you don't, then no. Browserhax was patched in 5.5.2.

3. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    If you have haxchi - then yes.
    If you don't have haxchi and you booted WUP Installer by using the browser - you can't use it anymore.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. Rabada34
    OP

Rabada34 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    France
    ( i don't want to take the risk of bricking my console.)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have Haxchi
    + I would like to know if I can change the Haxchi logo+banneer into Homebrew Launcher, its more beautiful :)
    thanks u !!

5. kokkie20

kokkie20 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2008
    United States
    Can someone tell me why wup installer wont install anything anymore (Error 0xFFFBF442) when launched trough HBC with haxchi?

6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Sure. Get Haxchi custom images from my signature so you know which format they need to be. Edit them with Photoshop, GIMP or whatever, replace them there with images from HBL (or whatever you want) and save them right as they were (just CTRL+S) so the file format doesn't get changed.
    Then put the files (icon and boot image) here:
    SD:\haxchi\
    and run the Haxchi installer again from the HBL in order for the changes to get "live".

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I makes me laugh every time someone on the site updates or bricks their system or generally does something stupid every time they post a thread on here blaming it in their sister/brother or friend. Be honest we all know you did it yourselfs so grow some balls and just say you were stupid and fucked up no need for the pretence.

Froz and Lacius like this.
  8. Rabada34
    OP

Rabada34 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    France
    You're wrong bro, my Wii U is on my sister's room since I bought the Switch + before posting the topic I knew that an update was available, and my console isn't supposed to be bricked or "something stupid" please stop judging people through internet and get a life :/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks u !!! :)

Victorum likes this.
  9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Proof that children can't be trusted with consoles, that sucks, man.

10. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    You can of course, I have a custom image which I like better, it's a nice dark blue instead of the ugly blue and says homebrew launcher U with the original hbl jingle, if you want I can upload it for you.