My life is kinda wierd...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Things have been getting rather fucked up around here lately. I'm starting to get a little concerned. Here's a short list of things that are making me pause to think what the hell is going on.

- I've been recieving letters of an intimate nature from someone best described as either a secret admirer or a stalker, depends on your outlook on life I suppose. They've been dropping through my door every few days for a few weeks now. They're never signed, nor is there anything that might suggets who's sending them. I don't really see anything threatening in them at all, in fact they're always rather sweet. But all the same it does give me reason to stop and think I might be being watched every now and then, which is a little disconcerting.

- My co-workers are now convinced I'm a wizard. One of the girls had injured her arm. She asked me to take a look at it because it was painful and putting her off her work, so I did. I learned years ago how to control my own mind and focus my energy, block out pain and the like. It's fairly easy. Chi, Ki, magic, psynergy, call it what you will. Simple 'mind over matter' techniques at the core, but quite effective. So I helped her calm her mind and that in turn helped to reduce the pain in her arm. It was easy enough, I barely even touched her, just a gentle touch on the arm and the pain was pretty much gone. Now she and everyone watching thinks I'm a magician or something. Now that's fucked up.

- Pay Day in a little over 2 hours and I've hit a stumbling block. Notably that I've already bought pretty much everything I ever wanted. I might buy myself a new ocarina or two (mentioned in a previous article, go look it up if you want) and I'm certainly picking up that remote controlled F22 Raptor from Maplins (half price) but that's about it. My Xmas shopping is almost all done, and what little is left won't cost more than about £30 at worst. So that still leaves me with several hundred pounds and nothing much to do with it. If I had a bigger room I would without a moment's hesitation buy the bearded dragon they have in my local pet store, but it won't fit anywhere in my house. Shame really. It's covered in spikes and looks fucking awesome. I was gonna call it Bahamut as well
frown.gif

- My MP4 player is still giving me trouble. Several songs won't show up and my 360 isn't connecting to it any more. Strange thing is that it'll connect to my netbook fine, and when it does my netbook shows that the wayward songs are onthere and working fine. Odd.

- My ex girlfriend once again showed up to cause trouble. The thing is that being the dumbass she is, she forgot which JJB store I work at. So she called one of my friends to ask him. So I knew she was coming. So I called the amazingly beautiful Amelia to drop by work to give her the shock of her life. When the ex showed up Amelia was a few minutes ahead of her. She asked Amelia why she was here, to which Amelia replied 'just got back from my ultrasound', wrapping her arm around me and rubbing her stomach as she did. Could not possibly have been timed better. The ex pretty much just crapped her pants and ran out at this point. That's all well and good, but what freaked me out is when Amelia then turned to me and said 'one of these times it'll have to be true, you know', kissed me and walked out. That was rather...unexpected. Been best friends with her for over a decade and while we've always been very close we've never really seen each other as lovers, we're more like brother and sister at this point. So unless she wants us to go fancy dress as Donny and Marie Osmond, then something wierd is going on.

- Funny how I can somehow overcome days of next to no sleep and be working at nearly full speed when I discover that Tony, my rancid vial of anal puss of a supervisor, won't be in all day. It cheered me up so much that the pain in my chest subsided enough for me to focus on my healing techniques. Kept me going until I could make it to my lunch break and take a breather, regain enough strength to end my shift. And all because that helmet smoker wasn't in.

- As I've been typing this, there's been some sort of power problem in the street. My netbook seems entirely unaffected, but my 360 is now being even more of a whore. It gave me the 4 red lights when the power went out (even though it was only out for a fraction of a second) and now the control pad is acting up. It's synced to the system and it works fine on the main menu, letting me sign in, etc. But as soon as I put a DVD in, it just says 'fuck you, not interested'. I swear, if it does the same with games then first thing in the morning I'll be calling in sick then charging into the local council and breaking some skulls. I don't see why I should fork over another 300+ quid for a new 360 because they can't get the power right in the fucking street. I pay my taxes so as far as I'm concerned they're failing to do the job I'm paying them for. Pain in the arse because I've got a Harry Potter marathon going on and was about 2/3rds of the way through Chamber of Secrets. Now I can't use chapter skip to get back where I was. I might just power it down for the night and see if that makes any difference. Getting sick of it though. I've even tried having the damn thing connected to the system via charge cable. It shows that it's synced, but no matter what I press it does a whole lot of nothin'. Suggestions?

- The second pair of gloves finally arrived off eBay and to be fair these are in better condition, but still a little small for me. I'm keeping them because I can get into them and when they're on they're quite comfortable, it's just getting them off that's the problem. As for the first pair, since they're ripped I'm planning to cut them up and the padded areas with the designs on will be sewn to my winter gloves. Add a bit of style flair to gloves that fit my just fine, make use of some otherwise useless material, and I still have the second pair in reserve.

Well, I could go on but I hear you all snoring in my head anyway. Sorry. I seem to write novels as opposed to blogs. But whatever. I get paid in a few hours. Although it looks like all my money now has to go on a new 360. Fucking worthless modern technology. Starting to think it might be a ploy. It's only been fucking up with my MP4 player and now the pad since the last update. Which conveniently arrives shortly before the stores get their Christmas stock of new 360's in. Suspicious much? I THINK NOT, MICROSOFT. You won't get any money out of me simply on principle. Thieves...
angry.gif

Toodles.

A Blaze that was having a great time until his 360 started whoring it up.

'Don't pretend to care. It takes weeks to wash the stench of your bullshit out of the curtains.'

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
- Pay Day in a little over 2 hours and I've hit a stumbling block. Notably that I've already bought pretty much everything I ever wanted. I might buy myself a new ocarina or two (mentioned in a previous article, go look it up if you want) and I'm certainly picking up that remote controlled F22 Raptor from Maplins (half price) but that's about it. My Xmas shopping is almost all done, and what little is left won't cost more than about £30 at worst. So that still leaves me with several hundred pounds and nothing much to do with it.

If the 360 wasn't an issue, why not follow something I said and...actually try to save it?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Dec 16 2010, 09:34 PM) - My ex girlfriend once again showed up to cause trouble. The thing is that being the dumbass she is, she forgot which JJB store I work at. So she called one of my friends to ask him. So I knew she was coming. So I called the amazingly beautiful Amelia to drop by work to give her the shock of her life. When the ex showed up Amelia was a few minutes ahead of her. She asked Amelia why she was here, to which Amelia replied 'just got back from my ultrasound', wrapping her arm around me and rubbing her stomach as she did. Could not possibly have been timed better. The ex pretty much just crapped her pants and ran out at this point. That's all well and good, but what freaked me out is when Amelia then turned to me and said 'one of these times it'll have to be true, you know', kissed me and walked out. That was rather...unexpected. Been best friends with her for over a decade and while we've always been very close we've never really seen each other as lovers, we're more like brother and sister at this point. So unless she wants us to go fancy dress as Donny and Marie Osmond, then something wierd is going on.

laugh.gif
That sounds quite unusual but quite nice at the same time, if I'm making sense.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I fixed the problems with my 360, sort of. Gave it a swift kick and told it to behave and it seems to be working fine now. Strange thing. But whatever, saves me a damn fortune.

As I couldn't think of anything to spend my money on, I'm helping my older brother out. He has to spend a lot of money to see his daughter over the holidays, which left him nothing to buy dad a present with. Of course that's mostly his own fault since like me he spends all his money on dvds and other non-essentials, in his case anything Doctor Who related. But whatever, I can afford it. I guess. So I'm officially bankrolling Christmas. Suppose sharing my money over the holidays is slightly more morally sound than giving everyone a smile, or possibly the finger, and spending 300+ quid on myself.

Once again I'm working today, even though I would happily bludgeon my supervisor into a paste for a day off at this point. But then to be fair he's such a bell end I'd bludgeon him into a paste just for the hell of it. Big Christmas sale so naturally they need me in every day until further notice. I am absolutely exhausted. Not to mention that it simply isn't worth my time. See, you'd think working extra hours would give me more money, right? WRONG. The problem is the manager. He's a lying, deceitful, treacherous little turd sucker. He makes you work the extra hours but lo and behold when the payslips arrive, there's no mention of them. I'm not the only one who's severely fucked off about it all, so those of us who got raped by our latest wage slips are banding together and taking the issue to head office, bypassing the store manager completely since it's obvious he can't be trusted. If it carries on I'm looking for a new job. I like working at JJB. It's close to my house, I know the store, I get on with most of the staff, and it's good experience on my CV. But this ain't a charity. I'm not working for free so that scum bag can keep the profits to line his own pockets. FUCK THAT SHIT.

In other news,

- Contemplating going against all I stand for as a pirate and simply buying Golden Sun Dark Dawn, since my Cyclo shows no signs of ever becoming capable of playing it. It's about £27 in my local Tesco, so it's not a bad deal. But I know what my luck's like. The moment I pay for it I'll get told about a new firmware update. Not to mention that I see no real reason to pay for it. That's what my Cyclo is for, it's up to the team to fix it like they promised. You don't keep a dog and bark yourself, do you?

- No longer have enough money to buy myself that bearded dragon
frown.gif
but as I said I have basically nowhere to put it. Much as I'd like to go get it, it's not possible. Pity really. When the guys and girls at work all ask what we all got for Christmas, I somehow doubt any of their answers could possibly top 'I got a dragon' with photo proof.

- Now that my pay has arrived, albeit in a palty sum that doesn't even come close to justifying what I worked to get it, I can now get decent food whenever I want. No more of dad's god forsaken boiled potatoes that taste like carpet fluff.

- I'm apparantly dating one of my co-workers. Which was news to me. She broke up with her boyfriend a few days ago and he came into the store giving her a load of crap, so he was thrown out. She was scared he'd be waiting for her outside to give her more crap, so she asked me to walk part way home with her. We go the same way anyway so it's not like I was going out of my way for her or anything. So I walked her home and apparantly now we're dating. Dunno how that works.

And Proto, I don't think you can lecture me about saving money. You had 900 years to save something and you still made Rose pay for chips.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
And Proto, I don't think you can lecture me about saving money. You had 900 years to save something and you still made Rose pay for chips.
rofl.gif

Haven't you considered that I was still saving at that point?

Besides, I can just requisition funds from cash machines.
wink.gif

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, saving really isn't my area of expertise. I work hard for my money all month, I like to see some sort of reward at the end of it all, if only for the sake of morale. So I've been cruising eBay for most of the night and so far I'm bidding on a black jacket with 'Dilligaf' printed on the back and an exceptionally rare 'Ghosts of Razgriz' patch. Seems fair, my nickname is of course from Ace Combat 5. It was given to me by my best friend, same as my 'Soldier First Class' title (I was actually that rank in cadets, she called me it and it kinda stuck, same as the Blaze thing) so I could sew the patch onto the jacket and that'd work fine. Here's the links.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Jacket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Patch.

A little expensive perhaps but whatever, I can afford it. I'll still have the money I need to survive the month, and still have nearly £100 left over for other trinkets and dicking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: