Gaming My laptop won't power on

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with my laptop. I did take out battery and press power button to hold like 20 to 30 second. Then I put battery back on. I plug recharger. It work. And I press power button, it won't turn it on. What I can do now? I need help.

Come on people! I don't want spend my money to fix my laptop. I need help now.

Come on! I can see bunch of people who are online. I need help now!

COME ON PEOPLE!!!! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE MY D*** TIME BECAUSE I AM REALLY PISSED OFF WITH MY LAPTOP!!!!! COME ON PEOPLE!!!! I DON'T WANT WASTE MY MONEY TO FIX MY LAPTOP!!!!!!!! GET ON HERE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
umm there's the 3 main possibility:
1. charger is dying on you
2. battery is dying on you (but then it should work without the battery plugged in, but older laptops require both)
3. your processor need to be re-thermal compounded and heated back in place!

But can you tell me exactly what happened before, how it stopped working, all the things you've tried to do so far, and what exactly the laptop is doing!

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recharger is work but power button won't turn it on. I already have laptop cooler plug it so my laptop won't get heat again. Do you have better idea?

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a good idea to include this into the topic from Brad too:

'I am really pissed off at my friend because he spill on my laptop and now my laptop won't turn it on and my recharger plug work recharge but power button won't turn it on'

Sounds like it's fried.

Reactions: 1 person

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I work with computers all the time, and i'm trying to tell you that if you processor needs re-heated then it doesn't matter if you have it cooled down or not!

It's something like this !

but it could be many things, you're not telling me what happened to the laptop

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H*** no! I am not take off like that because I don't want to get shock. Plus I never does that before. So I have to take a class for safety first. I already told you at first post. My friend spill on my keyboard. Like Sly said, my laptop is fried.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spill on your keyboard ? Not good. It is fried, obviously. You let your friend used your laptop ? I hope not because if it does then you are screw. I wont let anybody near my laptop except my bestfriend. Yes, because he take care of my consoles and portable game boy in the past and he had a great responsibility for my things and I trust him completely. We knew each others for over 17 years. Anyway, you gotta be careful!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
A spill doesn't automatically mean it's fried. It means there's a short circuit. You'd have to open it up and see if any of the parts actually did fry to know if it's fried. That's a pros job, so if you don't want to spend money to fix it, you're just stuck with a dead laptop.

Sometimes all you need to do is clean it out (wiping down the motherboard) to fix these things, but it also depends on the drink and the damage).

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the worst thing to do if something spilled over it is to turn it on.

If by chance you haven't finally killed it by turning it on your best chance is to clean the mainboard with pure alcohol (Isopropyl) and a hairdryer if it's a soda-like liquid, but if you don't know how to do it try letting it rest like a pyramid on your heater for a day or two with the battery not inserted.
Had that happen with my netbook and just water but if you turned it off immediately and removed the battery asap then you have a good chance of recovering it.

Reactions: 2 people

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least, I have warrent. So I don't have to pay for repair. :) I am using temporary laptop. I don't know how long they will fix my laptop. They will call my vp (videophone). Man this keyboard is complete different.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
This is worst nightmare I ever has!!!! They said it will take 6 weeks to repair my laptop. 6 WEEKS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Man....my life is totally suck....at least my backup laptop to use. :/

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let this be a lesson learned. (Or several in this case.)

1. Don't let people borrow, or play on your laptop. If you do, make sure to let them know that there is no food or drink allowed near it.
2. If such a thing happens again, make sure to not turn it on until it's dried fully.
3. If it needs repair, then let the pros attend it.

Reactions: 4 people

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I plan to for number 1. After I get my laptop back, nobody use my laptop. I gave to Aaron's to repair my laptop and they said 6 weeks to get repair.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
This is worst nightmare I ever has!!!! They said it will take 6 weeks to repair my laptop. 6 WEEKS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Man....my life is totally suck....at least my backup laptop to use. :/

Maybe you should ask other repair shop to see if they can repair your laptop less than 3 weeks. the 6 weeks seems strange to me. I had experience and never had in my life for 6 weeks!!! Trying other store for 2nd opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill