Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
NiGHtS said:
You would have been better off taking a flight to new york or somewhere and buying the damn thing...

Would probably have cost you less and you get to spend time in New York. win win! lol, my logic may be wrong though so correct me
smile.gif

The flight to New York and back would most likely cost upwards of $1500 to $2000 USD (rising fuel prices aren't helping ticket prices). You then pay $250 for the 3DS and nothing else. Instead of $650, you just spent as much as $2250.

Not sure what you're talking about, but i got a round-trip to Uruguay like a month and a half ago, and it cost me just $1,245.00 xDD

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
WiKiLEAK said:
Nathan Drake said:
NiGHtS said:
You would have been better off taking a flight to new york or somewhere and buying the damn thing...

Would probably have cost you less and you get to spend time in New York. win win! lol, my logic may be wrong though so correct me
smile.gif

The flight to New York and back would most likely cost upwards of $1500 to $2000 USD (rising fuel prices aren't helping ticket prices). You then pay $250 for the 3DS and nothing else. Instead of $650, you just spent as much as $2250.

Not sure what you're talking about, but i got a round-trip to Uruguay like a month and a half ago, and it cost me just $1,245.00 xDD

Well that's so much better! xD

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the sad reality in Brazil. And all the taxes the government charge us won't be put to good use, like education, health, or security. Instead, they're going to our politicians bank accounts.
frown.gif

Last year, Brazil reached R$ 1 trillion in taxes... where's all that money?

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know how you feel, man. Thankfully, a friend of mine who's coming from the US got the 3DS for me, so I'll buy it at US price. But it's really a horrble reality. We have to pay $510 for a 3DS, and the games will make this even worse. That's why I got myself an R4, I'm not gonna spend 70$ for a DS game.

But this is nothing, really. The Wii cost $1000 here at launch.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh man, that sucks
frown.gif
I feel like donating to you some games because you definitely deserve more games for the horrific price you paid.

Dont know how old you are but is a migration to the us an option for you?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiBricker said:
Oh man, that sucks
frown.gif
I feel like donating to you some games because you definitely deserve more games for the horrific price you paid.

Migrate just because of gaming issues?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yuan said:
WiiBricker said:
Oh man, that sucks
frown.gif

Not only because of high gaming costs, but because of the bad economy and the things this guy told.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiBricker said:
Yuan said:
WiiBricker said:
Oh man, that sucks
frown.gif

Not only because of high gaming costs, but because of the bad economy and the things this guy told.

I understand, but you say like migration is a easy thing (maybe on europe, obtaining a green card to US is surely NOT a easy thing). And US is not in a good economic moment at this time, I don't think a immigrant will do well there.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hey, im not brazilian, do not mix me with them (all respect to brazil but please im from Argentina its not the same haha). Though it's the same reality for the whole south america, Brazil is better economically now than Argentina, everyone on Disney World visiting was brazilian >.<

But anyway, migration would be cool, the States is a really nice place, at least Orlando was
tongue.gif
But it ain't easy to get a Green Card, let alone a good job to live well if you are inmigrant... but if the chance ever presented itself, I'd totally go live there or Europe. First World FTW.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fedex14 said:
hey, im not brazilian, do not mix me with them (all respect to brazil but please im from Argentina its not the same haha). Though it's the same reality for the whole south america, Brazil is better economically now than Argentina, everyone on Disney World visiting was brazilian >.<

But anyway, migration would be cool, the States is a really nice place, at least Orlando was
tongue.gif
But it ain't easy to get a Green Card, let alone a good job to live well if you are inmigrant... but if the chance ever presented itself, I'd totally go live there or Europe. First World FTW.
Move to America's Hat (Canada), we're in a much better economic position than them (except for the fact that the Conservatives ripped us off...) and we don't have green cards, it's a heck of a lot easier to get citizenship here.

Also, we can't refuse you by law, we accepted terrorists in, we'll accept you! (It's the law. I hate it, too.)

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Fedex14 said:

tongue.gif
Move to America's Hat (Canada), we're in a much better economic position than them (except for the fact that the Conservatives ripped us off...) and we don't have green cards, it's a heck of a lot easier to get citizenship here.

Also, we can't refuse you by law, we accepted terrorists in, we'll accept you! (It's the law. I hate it, too.)

It's intersting how Argentina and Canada were in the same economic position on the start of last century (Argentina even having some advantage) and looking at both countries now...

I would consider moving to Canada though I don't know how compatible studies are, here we have some good free universities but I dont know if the degrees are compatible. How are Canadian universities?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fedex14 said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Fedex14 said:

tongue.gif

It's intersting how Argentina and Canada were in the same economic position on the start of last century (Argentina even having some advantage) and looking at both countries now...

I would consider moving to Canada though I don't know how compatible studies are, here we have some good free universities but I dont know if the degrees are compatible. How are Canadian universities?
Degrees are, unfortunately, rarely compatible (hence my parents couldn't use original jobs), and you have to pay to get into university (usually). But, if you're lucky, you might just have to take the test and get the degree, or be in school for a year and then get said degree. Best to have a part-time job here first, it'll be crap, but worth it in the long run.

Economically standing, minimum wage is about $10 bucks an hour (just a bit less), and our taxes are 5% on whatever you buy and the income tax, which varies by how much you make.

Citizenship takes about 4 years.

D

Deleted_171835

Knyaz Vladimir said:
Economically standing, minimum wage is about $10 bucks an hour (just a bit less), and our taxes are 5% on whatever you buy and the income tax, which varies by how much you make.
Not necessarily.
In Ontario, the sales tax is 13%. Also, minimum wage here is $10.50.

@Fedex14:
It's remarkably easy to immigrate to Canada.
too easy

You shouldn't have many problems if you do move here in Canada. Canada's a great place.

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
HiroshiYamauchi said:
That's why sucks to be a gamer here in Brazil...

I don't even wanna check how much it costs here, its probably 1200$ with two games, just like when the wii first got released. Anyway, if you want a solution to your problem steam is the answer.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Not necessarily.
In Ontario, the sales tax is 13%. Also, minimum wage here is $10.50.

@Fedex14:
It's remarkably easy to immigrate to Canada.
too easy

You shouldn't have many problems if you do move here in Canada. Canada's a great place.

GTS is 5% in Canada. Provincial tends to be between 0% and 9%, depending on the province.

I'm in Manitoba, so our minimum wage is $9.75. It's different per province, too. (Our sales taxes are 12%, imo)

But, yeah- Canada's a nice place. A lot less crime than south of the 49 meridian, and we can think of bad things and they don't happen to us. (It was a thing when I was in the States.)

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another thing that worries me about Canada is the weather. Here in Argentina it's template so it ain't too cold in winter, though it can get hot on summer. Is it really really cold in all parts of Canada? Which city would be the best place to live?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth