My Girlfriend Bought Me a Guitar :)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My birthday is on the January 15th, but this has nothing to do with the guitar, because I got it for Christmas (well, I got it today, but it was just because she couldn't wait and keep it a secret from me)..
I have been talking about how I want this particular guitar for couple of weeks, because mine old electric guitar is really old, and has shitty pickups, and bad sound (it's good enough for punk tho). I've been thinking about it lots and apparently talking about it lots too, because otherwise she wouldn't have bought me one. Anyways, its an electric Epiphone, middle price range, but it is very nice and sounds terrific and I can't wait to start practicing again, and continue on teaching myself and improving
smile.gif

I have the best girlfriend ever
grog.gif

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll post a picture later today.....
I'm soooo hyped right now...I really wanted this one...
I'm getting into psychobilly, and I needed something that plays a bit better than simple distorted punk!

It sounds soooooo lovely....
wub.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good for you bud! I love getting new instruments and all that happy fun jazz. Its always great to have a spark of creativity.
Now if you could only get yourself to play more then three power chords per song! j/k j/k old punk rock joke. you understand.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
PBC said:
Good for you bud! I love getting new instruments and all that happy fun jazz. Its always great to have a spark of creativity.
Now if you could only get yourself to play more then three power chords per song! j/k j/k old punk rock joke. you understand.
rofl2.gif

I understand
wink.gif

I admit it, I was never a real musician, I was just a punk rambling on his guitar, and having a good time, but I'll try to improve now!
Also, this is the exact one I got:
100575o_790f4aa81427ac9f5c56778f2f1d431c.jpg

This is picture from the net, later I'll post my picture!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congratulations on such nice girlfriend (mine is similar like yours, she just bought me a bowler hat, stylish shoes and some microdermal heads in past few weeks)....She's MY best girlfriend in the whole word
smileipb2.png

I'm curious on how will you progress with your guitar learning!! (and I never learned to read notes either)

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hehe Moo said:
You should've got a 7-string mate... oh well... you're still a (dare I say) newbie guitarist
biggrin.gif

Damn, what would I do with that 1 extra string, when I play with the 6 strings I don't know how to use them all
tongue.gif

Nah, I'm just kidding..
I'm not actually a newbie guitarist (I'm "playing" guitar from the year 2000th), but I always learned to play for what I need, never tried to improve it over that level..I don't know have you seen, but I'm really a punk guitarist, nothing more nothing less..
Some users here already saw the video, but just to point it to you:

I'm the guy with the white shirt, playing "solo" in the end..

science said:
Congratulations on such nice girlfriend (mine is similar like yours, she just bought me a bowler hat, stylish shoes and some microdermal heads in past few weeks)....She's MY best girlfriend in the whole word
smileipb2.png

I'm curious on how will you progress with your guitar learning!! (and I never learned to read notes either)
I thought that you'll reply something like this
rofl2.gif

Nice one..

I hope I'll learn a bit more now when I have such a fancy new guitar!!

QUOTE(War @ Dec 15 2008, 08:13 PM)
Whoa....deja vu...
Haha, yeah, I thought it'll be fun.....I mean, I really got a guitar, but decided to do a science-a-like thread, just for laughs..

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Congrats sir, you have been playing a guitar since 2000 so that's like 6 to 8 years of practice right there. Keep it up!
Merry Christmas.
---
Also I notice the title 'Urban Phobia: Chaos in the City' its very profound since it can mean one or two things. Also how long have you been playing inside a band? Are you trying to go big and become famous? Is it some kind of hobby you do once in a while?

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Canonbeat234 said:
Congrats sir, you have been playing a guitar since 2000 so that's like 6 to 8 years of practice right there. Keep it up!
Merry Christmas.
---
Also I notice the title 'Urban Phobia: Chaos in the City' its very profound since it can mean one or two things. Also how long have you been playing inside a band? Are you trying to go big and become famous? Is it some kind of hobby you do once in a while?
Well, that's around 8 years of experience in playing live and fooling around, I never became a real guitarist..I always thought it's important to have a great time and enjoy it..

This particular band was around for 4-5 years..We were really big locally, and in few states around..We made one demo and one real album (it was all DIY)..Punk was never about being big and famous, so that was never my goal..I just want to have a good time and enjoy it! It was a regular thing, but then the band fall apart..I one band before that one, and few after..In last year or so, I haven't had any bands, and in last few months i haven't picked up my guitar (I've been really busy)..
But I decided to get in touch with my "musical" side again, and try to get it back to me, and maybe improve a little, becaus I'd like to start a psychobilly band, and that requires a bit more skill then playing punk!

Aafter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
But I decided to get in touch with my "musical" side again, and try to get it back to me, and maybe improve a little, becaus I'd like to start a psychobilly band, and that requires a bit more skill then playing punk!

I love Psychobilly. Not so much Reverand Horton Beat. But the Nekromantix and the HorrorPops are friggin amazing. And his bass. OMG HIS BASS.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe Moo said:
Ok seriously dude punks and their singing... Could anyone here a single word he was singing? It was like "ARGh GA GA GA GA GAAAHHH gah...!!!"

I don't think the guy was singing in english hence you couldn't understand it.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Szyslak said:
That's one special girl you got there Toni.

My wife only bought me a girlfriend...
unsure.gif

blush.gif
Well, I love her and she's mine!! and yeah, she's special..
wub.gif

And, one question..do you have to hide your present now when your wife enters the room, or do you share that present together!

Aafter said:
Toni Plutonij said:

I love Psychobilly. Not so much Reverand Horton Beat. But the Nekromantix and the HorrorPops are friggin amazing. And his bass. OMG HIS BASS.
I got in Psychobilly a lot in last couple of years..Been to bunch of concerts, and I must say I love Nekromantix and HorrorPops!

There are bunch of bands that I love to listen, for example, right now I'm listening to a Bloodsucking Zombies From Outer Space! Also, Mad Sin, Johnny Nightmare, Robin, Creepshow etc.

QUOTE(Hehe Moo @ Dec 18 2008, 03:47 AM)
Ok seriously dude punks and their singing... Could anyone here a single word he was singing? It was like "ARGh GA GA GA GA GAAAHHH gah...!!!"
rofl2.gif

It's punk, we're about having a great time, about letting the energy out and getting rid of the anger and frustration..not about playing and singing nicely!!

That was one great show there!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4