My Gateway Can Only Play 3 Games at a Time?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zred, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Zred
    OP

Zred Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    Greetings all: So I recently got my gateway, downgraded to 4.5, and everything's gone smoothly so far: However, when I boot up the launcher, I can only play 3 games at a time. It seems to be completely random which ones gateway picks, any other games that I have on the micro sd have blank, white icons that don't boot at all. I've tried a few other micro sd cards and they all show the same result. Couldn't find any other posts with the same problem, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this/has any advice?

2. Zred
    OP

Zred Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    No Idea, bought them ages ago. Used them in quite a few other devices and never had any problems, so this is really miffing me.

3. wendeng
    This message by wendeng has been removed from public view by Veho, Jan 22, 2015.
    Jan 22, 2015
  4. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Fake or fragmented SD cards are usually to blame in cases like this.

Kelton2 likes this.
  5. Zred
    OP

Zred Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    It was indeed a Micro SD card problem: Formatted a Sandisk card again and almost every game I test works, thanks!

Kelton2 likes this.
  6. MrStoni

MrStoni Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    What do you mean by almost? Every game should work.

7. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    run h2testw on those sd cards

8. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    With Gateway, it's better to drag all your games on at once after a full format of the Micro SD. Dragging them on at different times usually ends up with fragmentation errors.

9. MrStoni

MrStoni Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States

I have about 15 games on my micro sd, all copied over one at a time. If you have a decent quality sd card, or any sd card other than fakes for that matter, it should work flawlessly. I have never heard of fragmentation errors caused by copying files separately. Think digital cameras, mobile phones,... If what you say were true, these devices would be unusable.

edit: I just read that this may be a gateway-specific problem. If so, please disregard my post.

10. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    It happened to me. Of course like you say in the edit it is a gateway only problem. But yeah I had to format the card and put them all on at once.

11. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    Some people say that you can drag them on separately as long as you don't delete games from the card, or if you do delete a game from the card, you need to delete every game you put on after that game too but I've still ended up with fragmentation errors that way. It's an odd problem that I've never seen with anything else before, I'm guessing it's something to do with the way Gateway reads the files.

12. MrStoni

MrStoni Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I just had my first Fragmentation Error ;)