Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, as the topic title says, he has a 4.01, he bought it that way, and he was saying something about it being unhackable etc. I told him to just get it modded at a store for $5, which is quite cheap considering the risk we are taking if we do it ourselves(none of us has any experience in installing CFW), but he has a few other things to save up for soooo... Anyway, I recently found out about ChickHen, and I've read that one can temporarily use CFW as long as the system is put to sleep instead of shutting it down, and it seems less risky to use than installing CFW. Should we go with CFW installation or is ChickHen an acceptable alternative for 'installing' CFW in the meantime?

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
er when i first saw that i could get bleach for FREE on my psp i knew nothing of CFW or ISO's and ROMZ
biggrin.gif
but i learn t what i needed in two days and flashed my psp, its really not that hard especially if your psp is hacked as then you can just use your psp to create a Magic Memory Stick and a Pandora battery, then if anything goes wrong PANDORA TO THE RESCUE !!!!

EDIT: oh and chickhen is cewl but its really annoying not to be able to switch your psp off as it does lower battery life as well, and you will never be able to do all the things CFW lets you do on chickhen or at least it will be more difficult, CFW has more of a community then chickhen and as a result you'll find more applications that not supported under ChickHen but work under CFW.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's not risky at all if you go onto CFW. The only way it's risky if you don't know your motherboard.
Like we said on the other thread, go onto 5.03 or 5.00 official firmware and use chickhen, and then run PSPident. Once you know your motherboard then you will know if you can go onto firmware higher than 5.03. Then if it's a v3 motherboard you only can go up to 5.03 with chickhen

It's not even the a bit risky. Unless you turn off the PSP while updating/flashing, then you will have a problem
rofl2.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, upgrading to 5.5 just to play a DEMO? I dunno about chickhen, but I used it on my old PSP with 5.00ofw (i think, it used to be 4.01cfw but i accidentally updated it to ofw) and then I used Hellcat's recovery flasher to make it have 5.00m33. But yeah you'll have to check what motherboard version you have.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
Pretty much unless a new exploit comes out. Er was this a new psp or a used? Who knows if it was used you have a slim chance of getting cfw with a pandora battery.
He bought it brand new.

QUOTE(Raika @ Nov 7 2009, 11:38 AM) Lol, upgrading to 5.5 just to play a DEMO? I dunno about chickhen, but I used it on my old PSP with 5.00ofw (i think, it used to be 4.01cfw but i accidentally updated it to ofw) and then I used Hellcat's recovery flasher to make it have 5.00m33. But yeah you'll have to check what motherboard version you have.
When you're stuck with one UMD for a year or so, you'd want to play something else after a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5