ROM Hack My Fire Emblem: Fates MyCastle feedback does not change on successful update (Luma, using gay hack)

NohrNoble-Soleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tyrunt.co.vu
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the winded title. I tried to condense it as best I could while still keeping most of the essential information.

I originally posted about this in the Fates gay hack's main thread. I haven't had any luck there, so I'm hoping making my own thread may have better results. I'll quote my original post from the gay Fates thread, and give additional information from my continued experimenting with the issues I'm having.

(I realized I left this out of my original post in the thread, but my system, an N3DSXL with a 32GB MicroSD, is up to date and running the latest version of Luma. I used an R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart to install B9S and all that.)

I have a bit of a weird issue here. I'm beginning to think it might have to do with my copy of Fates, a CIA install of USA Special Edition, rather than the hack, but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows what's up. Any help at all is greatly appreciated, and sorry in advance for the long post!

When I update my castle data, even though the numbers go up a few at a time on my card, nothing new appears in any of the logs (Streetpass results, feedback, accessories, etc.), even when I've had my friend and sister visit, leave feedback an an accessory, and updated following their visits. I've tried just about everything I can think of to fix it.

None of the standard updating workarounds work (like going into a battle and closing the 3DS for five or so minutes to let the time of day change). Different save files and different paths don't make a difference. I've made sure all of the patches I've applied work and that I've done them correctly, I've even uninstalled this copy of the game and all of the DLC, and tried installing files from a different source with no successful fix. I went as far as to disable Luma's game patching, make a whole new vanilla save file, and play until I unlocked online features, but still nothing after days of playing around with MyCastle.

I used to play on a physical copy of Special Edition, and ran into no issues for the year or so I was playing it with the hack. Same story with the Conquest cartridge I got as my first ever copy of Fates. No issues with MyCastle whatsoever. So I'm wondering if it's either multiple counts of bad installs, if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's an issue with MyCastle and digital installs of Special Edition. I've looked into pretty much every possible solution I could find for MyCastle errors on the internet, and I'm really stuck as to why this is happening. ;^^ It's not the end of the world, but I recently got my friend into Fates and was hoping to be able to trade accessories and make bond units with him, and that was when I ran into the issue. As far as I know, he's running into the same bump I am, and I think it's just really strange.

I'd also like to clarify, nothing else seems to be going wrong. All the supports that have conversations work, and there's no story or DLC gameplay issues that I've run into. It's just the MyCastle online bit that's giving me trouble.

I posted that on October 4th, I am still experiencing this problem, and I have since tried more possible solutions and any explanation as to why this is happening. The only MyCastle results I ever receive are from when I visit a castle or give an accessory to someone else. I do not believe I have been shadowbanned, as my sister and friend can still visit me, and I have nothing in my entire army that has been reported to trigger a shadowban, let alone on my StreetPass team.

I have since also installed Luma on to my brother's N3DSXL, as well as the Special Edition of Fates with newly-downloaded patch files. The situation is the same on his copy.

On to the new information: I scoured Google for possible solutions over the past month. I forget the reasons why I tried some of these, but everything I tried, I looked into or read as a possible solution for other StreetPass and MyCastle related issues and decided to give a shot. Nothing I considered a risk was done blindly. IIRC, the new things I have tried in order to fix this issue which have failed are:
- changing my system clock and then setting it back to the correct date and time (both in the system settings and the RTC within GM9, in both orders)
- letting the 3DS battery drain completely, fully charging the system before turning it on, and then launching Fates and updating MyCastle
- making sure that Fates was not in the first or last spots in the StreetPass titles section of the system settings.
- saving a new game in different save slots (attempted on all 3 paths)
- playing and attempting to update MyCastle on a different internet connection

No other game that I own which uses StreetPass and/or online multiplayer is giving me trouble, and my friend and siblings all seem to have the same problem, so I am confident it is not a hardware issue. I am wondering if this is something that just exists wrt running Fates on a system with Luma, but there are no systems in the house without it for me to do further testing on with this game.

That is all of the information I can recall at the moment, but I believe it is everything. Sorry again for this huge post and thank you so so much for reading all the way through, but I am so lost on what to do. Any advice or solutions offered at all would be extremely appreciated, even if the answer to this problem amounts to "this is just how it is."

If there are any questions that I can answer which may narrow things down, I'll happily answer as soon as I can. Thanks again!

Samury

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, as someone running Gay Fates on both a Birhtright USA cartridge and an EUR Special Edition cia, I doubt it has to do with the hack itself. I'd suggest you might be banned from online, but if your ratings are going up that's not the case.
I have a problem with delayed feedback response, but I think that's normal. Usually, I'll update, and it'll take a LONG while for feedback and gifts to actually show up. I leave my 3ds on overnight on sleep mode pretty much every day, and feedback usually shows up the next day.
Have you checked to make sure you've updated to the latest version of Fates? Because there's just no way this could be a problem with the digital SE itself and Nintendo not patching it with an update. Check settings and make sure spotpass and gameplay data reporting are enabled. Don't worry, the latter won't get you banned.

If none of that works I recommend just going back to your physical version, or get a cia of BR/CQ and import your saves there (i used JKSV for save management). Hope you find a solution!

Reactions: NohrNoble-Soleil

NohrNoble-Soleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tyrunt.co.vu
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't believe my feedback is just delayed. Nothing new has come up over the course of updating almost every day for a few months now, with the exception of my sister's avatar appearing in my castle via StreetPass. I have tried leaving my 3DS in sleep mode overnight a couple of times, but with no changes.

I did notice that there is no little version number in the bottom right of the game's start menu like I remember from playing the vanilla game, so I have been trying to figure out if I needed a game update. However, I have never been notified that I need to update the game, and I can connect to and visit others' castles without an error popup about updating the software. Weird thing is, on the start menu's notifications bit is the news about the release of the final act of the Heirs of Fate DLC, which was the last I remember ever seeing in vanilla game. It leads me to believe I am up-to-date, but the lack of any version number there makes me wonder.

I actually sold my physical version after I installed CFW. ;^^ I backed it up and converted the backup to a cia, because I figured there wasn't any point in holding on to the cartridge now that I could just use a digital install of SE. That backup is one of the different installs I had gone through to make sure this whole mess hasn't been because of a bad file.

If turning on the SpotPass and Gameplay Data Reporting doesn't pan out, I think I'll try a cia of BR/CQ like you said, and see if that works out any better. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

EDIT: I turned on SpotPass and Gameplay Data Reporting, and let my 3DS stay on all day in sleep mode. I opened it back up to try another fix when I realized Fates's icon on the home menu had the SpotPass blue circle. I launched the game and the "Updating world..." message in my castle lasted longer than usual, so I updated my data and checked my feedback and I've been flooded with everything I've missed! It's finally working like it should and I can't believe the fix was so easy! I always read that one should keep those settings turned off to avoid a ban, so I never would have thought those to be the problem! Thank you so so much, Samury, for helping me finally fix this! It's been so annoying and I thought I might never find an answer!

This problem is officially solved, and I can tell my friend and siblings the same solution!

Last edited by NohrNoble-Soleil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D