My DSTwo has 'practically' become unfunctional...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by dude3991, Jan 26, 2011.

Jan 26, 2011
  1. dude3991
    OP

    Newcomer dude3991 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    60
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    So yeah, had my DSTwo a couple of months and have had no problems up until now. I say 'practically' in quotations as it could take an untold number of times to get it to boot up properly (Took me 20 minutes before) but when it runs it runs perfect.

    Any help? I already tried formatting it and putting new files on it and nada...
     
  2. Pyrmon

    Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,086
    Location:
    Montreal
    Country:
    Canada
    Maybe a contact issue? If that's the case, use the paper trick.
    Otherwise, what does it do when it doesn't work?
     
  3. dude3991
    OP

    Newcomer dude3991 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    60
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Paper trick? Think I remember hearing about that a while back. Off to find that guide.

    Well, the DSi just gives me the 'Error. Turn off power message' 99% of the time. The other 1% is when it loads but nothing is working, so I click on DS Game or anything and it just won't go past that boot menu. Sometimes loads just one icon and sometimes I can get to DS Game but no game will boot.
     
  4. Slyakin

    Member Slyakin See ya suckers

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    4,450
    Location:
    Soviet Slyakin
    Country:
    United States
    You probably need to update your cart.
     
  5. dude3991
    OP

    Newcomer dude3991 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    60
    Country:
    United Kingdom

    Running EOS 1.09.

    EDIT: Seems I was mistaken as to what you meant by updating.
     
  6. YayMii

    Member YayMii hi

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2009
    Messages:
    4,882
    Location:
    that place
    Country:
    Canada
    That's not what he meant by "updating".

    And are you using a DSi? If so, remove the cart while the DSi is on (at the DSi menu), remove and reinsert the microSD card, put the DStwo in (while the DSi is still on), and wait 30 seconds or more in the DSi menu before touching the 'Fish Tycoon' icon.
     
  7. Terminator02

    Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2010
    Messages:
    4,517
    Location:
    Somewhere near monkat
    Country:
    United States
    if it still doesn't work it might be because you aren't putting the microsd card straight in, try to angle it towards the middle of the cart when u put it in and it should go in straight
     
  8. dude3991
    OP

    Newcomer dude3991 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    60
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    I've tried all the methods so far and it seems to have improved a bit. There was one time that I put it on and no matter how many times I tried it just would boot, took the cart out and put it back and it worked.
     
  9. Ammako

    Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2009
    Messages:
    6,372
    Country:
    Canada
    I noticed something similar with my DSTwo, too.
    I put it in, it works. It can read it fine and doesn't freeze.
    But sometimes, I turn it off then immediately turn it back on and it said there was no DS card inserted.

    If you say "paper trick", I'll have you know that the DSTwo already is a bit too thick for my Slot-1.
     
  10. Stevetry

    Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1,294
    Location:
    Puertorico
    Country:
    Puerto Rico

    that happens to me and is normal you just have to wait for the power to drop down
     

Share This Page