Hacking My Dsi isn't reading the M3i

Its_A_Me_Luigiq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my M3i like last week. My Dsi is version 1.3U. It worked when I first started using it. Except, every time I would turn off the system, the next time I played the M3i, I got the error, the one you usually get when you play it on 1.4. So I had to re-format the card each time. But lik 2 days ago, I reformatted it, I still got the error, so like an idiot, I decided I should re-flash it. I re-flashed it, and the light never stopped blinking. So I left it in for like an hour, and forgot it was there, restarted my computer. The light turned off, I pulled it out, and tried it again in the DSi. This time, rather than getting an error, it just wouldn't read the M3i. I even tried using a new mini SD. Do I have to get a new one M3i, or can someone help me?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your first problem could have been caused by:

1. Bad card, it could have been on the way to dieing make sure you don't use card readers included with the M3 products I'm not sure if the newer one for the M3i Zero does this but it can slowly kill your card. Just a heads up, I think it might be fixed with the new ones not sure.

2. You got one with bad contacts (if that were so it might not have even read it in the first place) and it's the manufacturer who sent you a bad card if it wasn't "bricked" yet you could have gotten a new card you might still be able to with this explanation (don't include that it's "bricked" though, if you mention it they might say that there's no way for them to see if there's something wrong with it but this isn't technically tricking them this is just you getting your money back for a card that didn't work).

Now for your second problem:

1. The power cable might have been damaged causing it to not give it as much power as it needed so it was taking really slow to update or it couldn't start it at all because it was using all the power to make the LED blink.

2. Faulty updating unit?

Other than those two reasons I can't think of why it may have been blinking for an hour, try contacting the retailer where you got your M3i Zero from.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:

1. Bad card, it could have been on the way to dieing make sure you don't use card readers included with the M3 products I'm not sure if the newer one for the M3i Zero does this but it can slowly kill your card. Just a heads up, I think it might be fixed with the new ones not sure.

2. You got one with bad contacts (if that were so it might not have even read it in the first place) and it's the manufacturer who sent you a bad card if it wasn't "bricked" yet you could have gotten a new card you might still be able to with this explanation (don't include that it's "bricked" though, if you mention it they might say that there's no way for them to see if there's something wrong with it but this isn't technically tricking them this is just you getting your money back for a card that didn't work).

1. The power cable might have been damaged causing it to not give it as much power as it needed so it was taking really slow to update or it couldn't start it at all because it was using all the power to make the LED blink.

2. Faulty updating unit?

Other than those two reasons I can't think of why it may have been blinking for an hour, try contacting the retailer where you got your M3i Zero from.

u may have the wire in the wring way, i did it twice
make sure the back of the card points up, the light will start blinking then,
its a weak card so turn on your Ds and put it in while its on may help & don't forget to put sakura on it while flashing it some how made mine work, as i flashed mine twice to get it to read.

just got mine today and there the problem i've had / fixed.

Its_A_Me_Luigiq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Islay said:
DeltaBurnt said:

2. Faulty updating unit?

u may have the wire in the wring way, i did it twice
make sure the back of the card points up, the light will start blinking then,
its a weak card so turn on your Ds and put it in while its on may help & don't forget to put sakura on it while flashing it some how made mine work, as i flashed mine twice to get it to read.

just got mine today and there the problem i've had / fixed.

Yeah, I guess you are right, because I plugged it in to flash it again, and it was doing the same thing, I adjusted it, and it started to work. After a few seconds, it worked. I havent turned it off yet, so I'm not sure itf its gonna give me a problem again. Thanks.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
So plugging it back in and turning it on it back let you re-flash it?

lol
just pot in the right way with he firmware and the bios file thing and what the magic, it should work then.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll state my problem here also.. (hate making new threads) I am guessing that I have a contact issue.,
The problem is that every time I left my M3i inside my DSi for about a whole night and then turn it on, it doesn't display the M3i Icon..
However, when i try to remove and re-insert it, it does appear..
For me this is a problem for I have to remove it and re-insert it every time.. >.<
Anyone having the same problem? And perhaps solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson